What type of tubing?

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member
Hey making my own CAI sometime and was wondering what type of tubing should I use for it. :burnout: :burnout:

Blwn351L

Established Member
Find a muffler shop and get some pipe from them.. Thats what I'm doing on my cold air for my 93, I also made these for a guy on nloc

28443-700-11676.jpg

28443-700-11674.jpg

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
Wow, nice work! If you dont mind me asking how much did you charge the guy? I know that was for an SC setup, but I imagine a regular CAI would be the same, if not cheaper.

Blwn351L

Established Member
That ran about $260 for me to make it (more pipes more couplers).. The cold would run around $180 if would say if I were to make one and sell them..

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
Blwn351L, do you think there's a difference in Jeff's CAI and yours. I like yours because it's nice work and because the tubing is black :thumbsup: . Sold the 95 yet? What are you going to buy next?

Blwn351L

Established Member
Yeah the difference would be that I would paint it.. Black would be the main color, right now.. But could do just about any color you would like for extra $$ But not in performance, I still use a 3.5 inch tube, and comes with filter and coupler.. I have the stuff right now to make one.. I just gotta steal the 93 back from my girlfriend so I can get one made up.. I'm working days right now, but as soon as I get on my other shift at my job, I will start putting some on ebay offering them out, since no one really makes any for our trucks..

Have not sold the 95 yet... Not sure if he's going to ge back with me.. I really would like to get the 94 drag Lightning on the NLOC site that Lightning Ralph posted up.. That would be a fun project!!

Chris

tk2

Established Member
The pipes you made for that vortech... Was that on a stock vortech kit or a Pickrel kit? I'm looking for some power pipes for the stock kit.

Blwn351L

Established Member
I have a Pickrel kit. Those were made for a powerdyne, but yes I used my charger setup to make it, That kit sits just about the same as the powerdyne kits do.. I'm wanting to make a kit for the stock vortech kit, just need a stock vortech kit to look at so I can see how the pipes are ran

Users who are viewing this thread