what types of bras available for 04 vert

rsilver

Established Member
Hi guys, I am new to this forum and a new cobra owner. Was a GM guy for years but couldn't resist the thought of a factory SC convert with IRS and am I glad I went over to the "dark side".Even my Gm buddies nod with approval including a number of life time techs cause they get it.
Anyway, search has been down for a while and I am looking for info on protection for the front of my car. I have seen the clear bras and like them but are there other ones that are available that give more protection? I drive mountian roads in colorado and there is always sand and gravel flying around .
Any suggestions as to which ones are best and will stay on at say 130 mph? heheheh

All thoughts are appreciated..............bob

Sn8k Charmer

Established Member
I just looked into this for my Competition Orange Vert that will be here in a week or so.

Mile High Clear Bra
ELIZABETH, CO 80107
(303) 601-9480

Price
$150.00 hood &
$216.00 front-end
with 10% off if you buy both

3M 12 inch material

Or

18 inch is $185 hood

They are a mobile service

rsilver

Established Member
car dude, thanks for the reply. I got a quote from another company for $80 for the hood and fenders and $197 for the bumper plus labor to install. They do other things so I will try your suggestion.
thanks again............bob

Mr. Mysti

Established Member
I have a 3M clear bra. Overall I am happy with it and I can email you pictures if you like. You can road race, 1/4 mile, car wash and wax it. It stays on until you want it off. P.M. me your email if you want pictures or links.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i bought the ford factory 03/04 cobra front end cover (#3RZ-19A413-AA)

it is a nice piece, but i hardly use it anymore

too bad we aren't local - i'll sell it CHEAP!

:)

RossSVT

Established Member
I know for a fact that the Colagan Bra stays on at 115 for about 25 miles! ;-)

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I had the Colagan Bra for my '02 GT and have to say it is top notch for sure - looks way better than any other bra for the Mustang for sure. I will add though, that with the shape of the hood, the bra is not completely flush with the hood. As a result, I had a lot of water sitting next to the paint and dirt would settle in scratching the paint as well. I thought about putting the bra on my '04, but I am leaning more towards the 3M clear bra instead as it wouldn't have these problems.

Sapperstang

Established Member
I have a Colgan Custom bra for the mach. They make them for Cobras as well.

lifter213

Established Member
I use the Colgan on mine also if I'm going to be on the highway. Great bra and it fits perfect. I've had the car up to around 140 mph and everything was good.

Also fyi to the above post about water. Your not supposed to drive with the bra on if its raining. If you do get stuck in a rain with it on take it off first chance you get and let it dry out. Then wash the car and make sure the inside of the bra is clean of dirt, sand, etc before putting it back on.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
lifter213 said:
I use the Colgan on mine also if I'm going to be on the highway. Great bra and it fits perfect. I've had the car up to around 140 mph and everything was good.

Also fyi to the above post about water. Your not supposed to drive with the bra on if its raining. If you do get stuck in a rain with it on take it off first chance you get and let it dry out. Then wash the car and make sure the inside of the bra is clean of dirt, sand, etc before putting it back on.

I'm just sharing my eperience. It was dirt and leaves as well. The bra does not fit flush against the contoures of the hood, as a result it allows for leaves and dirt and stuff to slide under between the bra and hood. Even after a dry spell, I would notice debri. And as for the water, it was not just the rain, but the morning dew as well (my car is not garaged at night).

On a side note, I didn't really see anything in the instructions received nor on their website that indicated that it had to be taken off in the rain. For myself, I'm not sure I would want to put a wet bra anywhere in the car to begin with.

Beacuase of those issues I had, I'm thinking the 3M is probably a better choice for me. I'm not flaming or anything, just trying to share my experiences.

lifter213

Established Member
007Paul said:
I'm just sharing my eperience. It was dirt and leaves as well. The bra does not fit flush against the contoures of the hood, as a result it allows for leaves and dirt and stuff to slide under between the bra and hood. Even after a dry spell, I would notice debri. And as for the water, it was not just the rain, but the morning dew as well (my car is not garaged at night).

On a side note, I didn't really see anything in the instructions received nor on their website that indicated that it had to be taken off in the rain. For myself, I'm not sure I would want to put a wet bra anywhere in the car to begin with.

Beacuase of those issues I had, I'm thinking the 3M is probably a better choice for me. I'm not flaming or anything, just trying to share my experiences.

I hear ya. It works well for me since the car is not my daily driver and i have a garage. I only use it when i'm going to be on the highway, then take it off. With the dirt and debri getting between the bra and the paint like you say that cant been good for the paint so maybe the 3M would be a better choice. As for as the instructions on the Colgan I found this...

BRA MAINTENANCE

-Remove your auto bra every time you wash your vehicle. Reinstall only when vehicle is dry.

-Periodically inspect the underside of your auto bra and shake to remove any accumulated road grit, insects or other debris that might damage your paint.

-Clean your auto bra with any water soluble detergent and warm water.

-Tar and insect splatters can be removed with a good vinyl cleaner.

-Always let a wet auto bra dry completely before reinstalling it.

-Your auto bra has a topcoat of ultraviolet impervious material that protects it against drying and cracking. Avoid the use of silicone based vinyl protectants that may harm topcoat.

Users who are viewing this thread