what valve covers will fit??

rikhockey

Established Member
im doing heads cam and new intake edelbrock performer rpm 2 wat valve covers will fit. i want to get the cobra one's but have heard they wont work plus the new rocker rollers and im confused help???

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
Your car has roller rockers on it now so why wouldn't they fit?? I'm running stock gt/lx valve covers on mine and they clear just fine.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Ford Racing makes a Cobra set specific for EFI cars. You want these, but we'll still check the clearence. -J

psucobra

Established Member
Are you going with stud mounted rockers? If you staying with pedestal rockers they will fit under the stock valve covers. Otherwise you will need a set of the EFI or trick flow type valve covers to clear the stud mount.

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
if you are going to use the stock steel valve covers with stud mounted rockers, the only ones that will fit under them are the comp cams pro magnums but they only come in 1.6 ratio. I currently have this rocker on my stud mount AFR 165's and they fit under the stock valve covers.

Otherwise you will need to use an aftermarket valve cover or a stock 5.0 valve cover. If you don't feel like grinding on a stock 5.0 valve cover, get one off a 92 or 93 as they are cast differenty on the inside.

9T3SVT

Established Member
Just keep in mind that the tall valve covers won't fit under that intake too. You have to worry about clearance on both sides. I have the AFR 165's with the pedestal mount still, and my stock V/C work fine. Just look inside which ever one you choose and see if there is an oil baffle that should be the only thing you will need to cut out. I have heard of guys using 2 gaskets too :uh oh:

Users who are viewing this thread