What valve seals and valve springs fo Iron GT40 heads

2004 Culebra

Established Member
Good info to know, I am building a 93 5.0 HO for my 55F100. I have the stock lower end with the hyperpeutic pistons and the stock crank and rods. However I have a pare of gt40's (not p's) for the top with and edelbrock upper and lower Performer intake. I am looking for a good seal kit and wanting know if I need to replace the springs.

sn95prcar

Established Member
Yeah, those seals I mentioned above works, I totally went different route with the heads that I had last year, I had comp cams springs on it and it tested good so I just kept them and replaced the seals with viton ones, I had crane beehive ones before this and that those springs worked great too.

Good luck with yours :)

2004 Culebra

Established Member
Thanks SN95prcar. I am going to go with a trickflow street cam. I have not changed springs or valves before and wanted to not spend any more money if I did not need to so I was thinking about leaving the stock GT$) springs in. Do you think that the stock springs on my GT40 heads will be fine? Are the springs hard to change out?

kcp203

Established Member
If you are going with a new cam, I'd get new springs as well.

As for a cam recommendation, it is REALLY dependent on the rest of your setup (including rear end ratio) and what kind of driving you want to do.

I don't have any experience with the trickflow cam, but I don't know how well they work with stock heads. Are you looking at the 283/291 cam? I think that cam also only starts coming on at about 2500 rpm, not much low end.

CompCams has a lot of really good cams, and I've heard good things about Anderson as well.

The best thing you can do is call the manufacturers directly and talk to them. Tell them your setup and what you want performancewise.

2004 Culebra

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread