What wax to better resist hard water?

POISND U

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Established Member
Right now I'm using Colinite 845 but if I don't go over the car with a QD IMMEDIATELY after, the spots are there until the next wash or pass with the G110. Any suggestions?

POISND U

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Established Member
Damn. I've read bad things about Autogeek's system and every other system I've seen was WAAAAAy expensive. Nothing better than 845, huh?

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Look at the Griots garage filter. May not be the 100% best but damn better than nothing

danponjican

Established Member
+1 on above answers. I've tried every wax under the sun and can say that bad water will eat through LSPs like they are warm butter!

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
So far Zaino ClearSeal has beat out Collinite in terms of resisting water spots.

Nothing can really "beat" mother nature though.

I just did a dual filter setup akin to the autogeek setup; one filter; one water softener. Worked WONDERS for my after-washing waterspot issues. Makes everything better.

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
I use Collinite 845 on my 07 GT since ive moved into a new apartment, they run the sprinklers like crazy. I also use Duragloss Aquawax every other wash or so.
For the most part it resists them from etching too far into the paint, but im still going to have to polish every 6 months to keep it looking good (for my standards). i doubt any other wax will significantly outperform Collinite waxes in this reguard. I cant say enough good things about Collinite waxes, such a good product for $15.

Taunto

Established Member
I use meguiars NXT Generation 2.0 wax.. works amazing.. and the water likes to sheet off the truck rather than bead. we have hard water as well where im from

POISND U

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Established Member
Exactly. My CR SPOTLESS system was not cheap but with it I have little to no water spots left behind... :coolman:

Yeah....I saw your thread while searching. If I had a house I'd get one in a heartbeat but I can't justify that kinda coin right now. I envy ya....:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread