What wheel setup are you running?

mike s

Established Member
I'm really starting to like the Torch red, car looks excellent! Let me know when your ready to sell, I'm in the market for a clean low mileage vert.

Mine is actually comp orange, comes out red in a lot of pics lol
d38a835355e3ccc9f6007afcccaece68.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
9" wheel up front w/BFG Sport Comp 2, 265/40-18 and a 10" wheel out back w/Toyo Proxes TQ's, 315/35-18

P1013508_zpssxsnm772.jpg

Hey, I like those wheels. What are they and how hard are they to clean and polish? I've seen a few different wheels like that but the rivet/bolt heads look difficult to maintain and clean...... thanks

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
Hey, I like those wheels. What are they and how hard are they to clean and polish? I've seen a few different wheels like that but the rivet/bolt heads look difficult to maintain and clean...... thanks

They are the Chrome 18" SVE Series 2 Wheels sold at Late Model Restoration. I run low dust brake pads so they don't get a lot of dust on them. They are very easy to clean, I just use a short blast of compressed air on each rivet, takes less than a minute per wheel. I've never seen anything significant come out after the air blast. If you daily the car in all types of weather, I could see where those rivets might pose a problem. They are a great looking wheel that won't break your bank account. I've run those wheels all over the area in shows and meets. I've got nothing but compliments and not one question about if they were knock-offs or the real thing.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
They are the Chrome 18" SVE Series 2 Wheels sold at Late Model Restoration. I run low dust brake pads so they don't get a lot of dust on them. They are very easy to clean, I just use a short blast of compressed air on each rivet, takes less than a minute per wheel. I've never seen anything significant come out after the air blast. If you daily the car in all types of weather, I could see where those rivets might pose a problem. They are a great looking wheel that won't break your bank account. I've run those wheels all over the area in shows and meets. I've got nothing but compliments and not one question about if they were knock-offs or the real thing.

Thanks for the reply. My car is definitely not DD, but occasionally I am on highway. How are those wheels at highway speeds. Any vibration??

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
Thanks for the reply. My car is definitely not DD, but occasionally I am on highway. How are those wheels at highway speeds. Any vibration??

No problem, I've had the car well into the triple digits a few times and couldn't detect anything vibrating or out of whack. The tire installer I use has a Hunter Engineering Tire Machine, which does an excellent job. It cost a few more bucks but the mounting and balancing are spot on. If you go cheap with the install, the Neanderthal installer might **** up your wheel and most likely you'll have vibration issues.

TP03

Established Member
I ordered some last week they are due I'm today the chrome

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
That's awesome. I hope that they're still in stock next spring. I'm out of money for mods this year.

joker21705

Established Member
Lol ya i didn't plan on getting new rims this year ether....... I used PayPal to pay for them you get 6 months to pay your bill until you get charged interest so I said what the hell since they were stock.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

headtiK03

Established Member
Was gunna do a a new thread for this, but since we are on the topic of wheels...any idea what kind these are? Saw these in a youtube video and then I began immediately searching the web, however I haven't had any luck.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170507-200811.png
    Screenshot_20170507-200811.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 116

Westbayou

Established Member
Was gunna do a a new thread for this, but since we are on the topic of wheels...any idea what kind these are? Saw these in a youtube video and then I began immediately searching the web, however I haven't had any luck.

Look like the discontinued SVE Series 1 from Latemodel Restoration.

coremaster21

Established Member
BBS LM2 or some sort of replica maybe.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
CCW 505A 18x9 & 18x11, might consider selling if i can find me some polished classics or something with a concave look?
20170110_113151-1 (Medium).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread