What will it run?

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
I know this isn't a Mach 1 forum, but if you could leave it here because there is action that would be great!

The car is a n/a mach 1 with a 175 shot, full exhaust, intake, full griggs drag suspension, some weight reduction, gears and slicks.

What do you think it would run in the 1/4 mile? and Do you think the stock engine could handle that?

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
How is the car a N/A mach with a 175 shot? That kinda takes away from it being NA :) ALso Low 12's are you crazy... They run low 13's stock, with the 175 shot alone will put it into the mid to high 11's... Then full drag suspension, weight reduction, gears and slicks? I would say 10's is very possible, I dont think a stock engine can handle a 175 shot for a very long time, I would spray 150 at the most

Last edited:

carfax

Established Member
like i said i know more about an 03-04 cobra.

but what peaple say about the machs that some are fast some arent just like every car in the world some are faster that others but with the mods you listed it probably freed up some horsepower. n/a cars dont really respond as good to exhast intake mods as a cobra.

the car will 60' alot better hopfuly in 1.6 or 1.7 range or maybe a 1.5 depends on driver capabilitys. including on the car is the gears it depends on the ratio. you half to ask how much weight is going to be took out of the car.

the 175 shot will help the car get off the line and keep the car moving down the quarter mile ( thats where gear ratio would help) and i said those times because i saw a couple of machs stock run in some mid 14 i know some peaple are geting them in mid 13 but they can drive.

so that is how i got the times in my head calculations.

like i said i know more about cobras than machs but that is my thesis.

chris

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
I personally am thinking maybe a 11.5 @ 120ish. I dont think the machs gain more than the rated power output for n2o.

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
o3SnakeBite said:
Also what kind of gears and how much weight reduction? Those are important
I dont know about the reduction...I am assuming all the basic stuff + the griggs front suspension, K member etc. I know he's got a cage, and the gears are in the 4's. Either 4.10, 4.30's or 4.56's.

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
combatstang said:
I dont know about the reduction...I am assuming all the basic stuff + the griggs front suspension, K member etc. I know he's got a cage, and the gears are in the 4's. Either 4.10, 4.30's or 4.56's.

I guarantee it will run faster then 11.50's, I have seen 12.0's NA with full bolt ons's, slicks, and 4.30's. And your talking about a 175 shot with weight reduction on top of that. Its going to be fast

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
o3SnakeBite said:
I guarantee it will run faster then 11.50's, I have seen 12.0's NA with full bolt ons's, slicks, and 4.30's. And your talking about a 175 shot with weight reduction on top of that. Its going to be fast
u think 10's are possible?

carfax

Established Member
o3SnakeBite said:

i wasn't saying that the car wouldn't be fast it just that when you have to add all the variables at the track the person driving air type and so on...

the solution to any problum to see how fast are car is to go to the track and let er rip.

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
04tiresmoke said:
i wasn't saying that the car wouldn't be fast it just that when you have to add all the variables at the track the person driving air type and so on...

the solution to any problum to see how fast are car is to go to the track and let er rip.

No doubt weather, driving all plays a role, I was just saying that car with those given mods can be in the 10 sec range, can the driver get it there? No idea :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread