What would it take to add Touch Screen?

JL-KA

Established Member
Say you have a car with SYNC but not the touch screen. Would adding the touch screen be as simple as plugging in a few connections or is it more complicated than that? Would it be equally easy/hard to add it to a car with a base stereo?
Are there other aftermarket options that would work equally well or better?

Last edited:

JL-KA

Established Member
Either adding the factory touch screen to a car with a base/premium(non-touch) stereo or an aftermarket system if there is that can do everything the stock one can.

AmnDucky

Established Member
I have a feeling aftermarket stereo's are out of the question if you want to retain Sync functionality. The Sync module is above the glove box behind the air bag. But the stock stereo has buttons and an interface designed for a Sync that no other company can do (contract). Stock touch screen I assume would be a plug and play kinda thing.

JL-KA

Established Member
So you all think the factory touch screen would be fairly easy to add to SYNC equipped Stang?
I think it would be plug and play for the most part but really have no idea.

AmnDucky

Established Member
i highly doubt aftermarket is gonna interface with sync/
Why not? Right now Ford and MS have an exclusivity contract, so nobody is allowed to make stuff for sync. But I'd bet my bottom dollar that companies will make Sync compatible head units when that contract ends.

Users who are viewing this thread