What would SVTP DO???

wojowojo16

Established Member
Guy REXXN really put me through a loop when I was selling my car, making offers, asking me to take videos of it and stuff, the whole nine yards...it was kind of crazy. Wouldn't call me or give me his phone number.

I pretty much just told him not to contact me unless he wanted to come down and look at the car.

He messaged me a week ago and said he wanted it, asked if he could come down on Tuesday to look at it, asked me if he could use my tag to drive it home, made me a contingent offer. I honestly never really believed him but just played along with his "game."

I'm really not bent about anything because given his questions/behavior/mannerisms I never really did believe anything he told me.

Here are my concerns, I don't want to see anybody taken by this guy. I mean, taking off work to meet with him and having him not show up, stuff like that.

So what would SVTP do? Just let it go? Contact an admin and have him banned? (not that he wouldn't create another screenname)

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
I understand, and thanks for looking out for others...however 2) things. When selling a car you should do it on YOUR time, if they want the car bad enough they will work with your schedule. So taking off work is a dumb idea. 2nd, Using your tags is a ludacris idea. He can go to the DMV a head of time, let them know what he is planning and possibly get a temp tag for a day or something.

Lastly if your gut feeling was this guy was bad news, just stop talking to him. Your car will sell sooner or later you don't need to deal with that.

wojowojo16

Established Member
1 - I didn't take off work, just told him I did...

2 - I was kind of skeptical, one of those "this guy can't be serious, but he's so stupid maybe he is serious just doesn't know how to communicate with anybody. I had a friend that got a 2000 DENON receiver 4 months ago from a guy that you would have thought had to be lying by reading his e-mail messages. But it was legit, we both went to the address to pick it up expecting an empty lot"

3 - I wouldn't have let him take my tag,. I offered to tow it up to him or told him to get a temp. He said he would use his old 03 tag (why he still has it I dont' know). I told him after he pays for the car I don't care what he uses.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread