What would you do?

jdcobra

Established Member
So I was talking the manager of the service department and we were talking back and forth about my car and I mentioned I was getting an MGW shifter. He said if I had to come in for warranty work for trans there would be a 50/50 chance the warranty would get voided. The guy is kind of a prick so I wouldn't doubt if I had to that he would void the warranty if such work needed to be done. I really want the MGW but I'd like to keep my warranty intact for at least a year. I'd like y'all's opinions to see what y'all would do in the situation.

PC03GT

Established Member
**** it. I've voided my warranty on my 2012 and 2013 with less then 500 miles on them. No mods, no fun.:shrug:

jdcobra

Established Member
**** it. I've voided my warranty on my 2012 and 2013 with less then 500 miles on them. No mods, no fun.:shrug:

True. That's kinda the way I'm leaning toward. I just think it's bs that they'd void it for a shifter...that's some crap. I've called a few other dealerships in town in regards to this and haven't had a call back yet. Hopefully one dealership would be cool with it. I freaking hate the stock shifter!!

Last edited:

Journeyman27185

Established Member
If it's an issue just put the stock one back on before getting any warranty work done. Too bad some dealers will refuse warranty work for mods not related to the failure.

ridenfish39

Established Member
Ford will try to avoid fixing anything wrong with your car however they can.....either by blaming problems on mods, by saying they can't replicate the problem you have, or by saying the problem is ''normal''.....like my quart per 1000 mile oil consumption since new, 3.73 whine, oil leaking from axle vent, creaky front end, and cold light throttle piston rattle. They did paint my corroding hood, replace both my front O2 sensors when they went bad within 6 months of each other, fix the clutch pack that went bad in 10 k miles, and replace the failing sway bar end links so I will give them credit for that.
It's a shame because I love this car, but I won't be getting another Ford with all the problems I've had and after the way I've been treated. Even when I had my pos Mazda in for service I got a loaner car no questions asked.

12gt500

Established Member

i think we may be brothers lol. warranty is nice but you got to pay to play. my 12 t500 had 5k miles before my vmp blower went on then at 14k i beefed up the rods, pistons, etc etc for the 3.6 kb. the way i see it is if you can swing it do it

jdcobra

Established Member
Well hopefully another dealership will be cool with it since I'm already on the list to get the MGW

5.0jake

Established Member
Well hopefully another dealership will be cool with it since I'm already on the list to get the MGW

Definitely go somewhere else! Why go to a dealer that will deny claims and give you hassle? In my area some dealers are ''cool'' and some are not. I even had one say they're absolutely fine with tunes and pretty much any bolt on except nitrous and another dealer 10 miles away say there would be warranty issues over a gear swap or CAI, exhaust.
Regardless, no way they can void your entire bumper to bumper warranty for an installed shifter. It's ultimately up to Ford when it comes to actually voiding warranties.

jdcobra

Established Member
Definitely go somewhere else! Why go to a dealer that will deny claims and give you hassle? In my area some dealers are ''cool'' and some are not. I even had one say they're absolutely fine with tunes and pretty much any bolt on except nitrous and another dealer 10 miles away say there would be warranty issues over a gear swap or CAI, exhaust.
Regardless, no way they can void your entire bumper to bumper warranty for an installed shifter. It's ultimately up to Ford when it comes to actually voiding warranties.

Yea I hope to hear from the other dealership managers tomorrow.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Any dealership worth dealing with would work with you on any warranty issue. I wouldn't give my business to one who wouldn't.

jdcobra

Established Member
F*#k it! I'm gonna do it. If anything happens to the trans I'll just have it built or do the t56 swap.

Users who are viewing this thread