What would you do?

Teal93

I just got the terminator bug and was wondering how many of you would sell a turbocharged 93 cobra teal with grey interior,sunroof that I own for a KB cobra or a stock cobra and put twin 57's under the hood. Or should I put a dart block and bigger fuel system,upgraded 76mm turbo and let the sky be the limit on the 93. currently running a 60mm with stock internals making a little over 500 to the tires right now. Let me know what you guys would do because i am going crazy thinking about what I should do. Thanks

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
2Blown93's said:
I just got the terminator bug and was wondering how many of you would sell a turbocharged 93 cobra teal with grey interior,sunroof that I own for a KB cobra or a stock cobra and put twin 57's under the hood. Or should I put a dart block and bigger fuel system,upgraded 76mm turbo and let the sky be the limit on the 93. currently running a 60mm with stock internals making a little over 500 to the tires right now. Let me know what you guys would do because i am going crazy thinking about what I should do. Thanks

keep the cobra since its turbocharged already

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
There were several things that did it for me when going from my 93 5.0 to my 04 Cobra. The instant tq curve, 6 speed, the ride of an IRS Mustang is so much better, dual airbags, way better stereo(stock to stock), better seating surfaces, the front tires on the Cobra were way bigger than rear tires on my 93, ability to go 315 out back, better mpg, great looking lines, mean stance, ABS, etc. Theres just so much more tech in the 03/04 Cobra compared to the 93(of couse). Its not the best car ever but way better than a 93. The 5.0 has had its time to grow allot in the power dept and we've seen several 1000+whp cars from the pushrod family. I think the 03/04 Cobras are still in the crawl/walk phase of power production. Havent seen a 1000whp Cobra yet but I'm sure this will be the year with all the folks going turbo this winter.
Either car/motor can make tons of power but how often are you at WOT? For the good majority of the time you'll just be cruisin around. Thats where the Cobras shines. Smooth running motor, ride and usable tq. I just love driving my Cobra! 26,000+ miles and counting. Dont think I'd sell a 93 Cobra though. It will feel really nice having 2 Cobras. Taking turns driving them. Thats why, imo, you see the prices climbing for the 93s. Allot of 03/04 Cobras guys want a 5.0 and what better car than a 5.0 Cobra!

93cobra#3326

i love boost!
Established Member
YES!!! ME TOO!!!!
man im going through the same sh*t . i mean if i could afford it yea id keep my 93 no doubt. but i want more power! and like you im basically at the limit of the stock 5.0 liter block. my wife even says she likes the 03-04's looks much better and shes not a car person. while the 03 have so many advantages like already said ie. wider wheels, infinite wheel selection it seems, stronger block, better stock handling, smooth ride, stronger stock trans. etc... i ask myself i hope the 03's are as fun to drive around turns as my 93 is..? (notice i didnt say faster, just fun) i hope i can work on the dam thing. ive gotten bored with going fast straight anyone can do it. and the 03's are so nose heavy. i dunno.

i think im ready for a change, i just wish i could keep the 5.0 too :shrug:

93cobra#3326

i love boost!
Established Member
04MystiCobra said:
There were several things that did it for me when going from my 93 5.0 to my 04 Cobra. QUOTE]

hey man do you ever miss you 93? why? is it just for the car itself or reason of the way it drove compared to your (very sweet looking i must say) 04 mystic?

03SonicBlueL

Established Member
2Blown93's said:

You should get the 03/04 and sell me you turbocharged 93!!!!! ;-)

93 COBRA

Established Member
Everybody I know that ever sold a '93 Cobra (or even a 5.0 fox body) to "upgrade" to another vehicle ended up regretting it than buying another one later in life.

I say if you have the means, keep it and find a good deal on a '03-'04. Just my $.02

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Yes I do regret selling my 1st 93. Not because anything is wrong with my 04. It is leaps and bounds better than the 93. I just love tipping into the throttle at 1,700rpm in 6th and totally wasting most cars that have to downshift to 3rd. SOOOOOOO much more usable torque with this motor. Very rarely do I have to downshift in traffic.
The 93 with the 5.0 is just more fun to work on and easier to mod. Not one thing on the car you can't touch. Theres nothing on the 05 Stang I want on my 04 but I'd love to have a ton of shit from my 04 to put on my 93. The options are limitless. I still haven't hear a single Cobra that I thought "wow", that sounds totally bad ass like I did with even a mildly modded 5.0. Cams or not. I guess there was more boyracer attitude with the 5.o than the 03/04. Everyone knows the 00/04 Cobra is fast but most outside the Ford camp really have no idea. They think they do but really don't.
I have never once said I wish I was driving my 93 over my 04. No contest to me. I just hate putting all the miles on my 04 and the rock chips.

Users who are viewing this thread