What would you do?

MinGry03

SVT Guy
Established Member
I have purchased some items from a normally reputable vendor of this site (and many others) and on my last item, it seems they do not stand behind the products the sell. I was told by the vendor to contact the manufacturer because there is nothing they can do. Trying to get a hold the manufacturer is hard enough to do and I still have a problem with the item.

This has been going on for over a year and I have been documenting everything from emails and pictures to both the vendor and manufacturer. I do not want to bash the product because it is (or was) an exclusive to the vendor. All I want is to have the issue resolved but it seems that both parties will not step up to the plate. With everything being said, what would you do?

Link to product problem.....

Last edited:

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Sounds like it is time to name names. :-D

Seriously though, I'd send a PM to one of the Mods about this and see where it goes from there. GL man.

Common

Established Member
Your thread isn't bashing anyone yet. State your problem and who is it involving.

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
I think the way it could play out depends on the type of purchase. I would not handle a shifter knob defect the same way I would handle a supercharger kit defect purchase or even a set of rims. I had a set of rims that were shipped with mis-matching center caps, the vendor handled it right away. I don't think a supercharger kit would have the same process and outcome.

What is that you're dealing with? $$$?

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Talk to the vendor and see if it can be resolved first. Try to keep it civil if it doesnt work out.

F8L BYT

Established Member
Pretty sure that's a Lethal Performance exclusive part....

:pop:

If thats the case then they need to step up and take care of the problem. I dont see what the issue would be to why they wont! Its not like you are bashing them and are keeping it civil and they wont take proper action to take care of the problem will definitely push other customers away like myself.

Because the way I see it is not every product will be perfect and some have flaws, just replace it for me and it's all good, but if you refuse that and say too damn bad sorry about your luck then I will not ever deal with you again and im sure others wouldnt want to as well then the next thing you know your out of business

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have purchased some items from a normally reputable vendor of this site (and many others) and on my last item, it seems they do not stand behind the products the sell. I was told by the vendor to contact the manufacturer because there is nothing they can do. Trying to get a hold the manufacturer is hard enough to do and I still have a problem with the item.

This has been going on for over a year and I have been documenting everything from emails and pictures to both the vendor and manufacturer. I do not want to bash the product because it is (or was) an exclusive to the vendor. All I want is to have the issue resolved but it seems that both parties will not step up to the plate. With everything being said, what would you do?

Link to product problem.....

I believe you're speaking about us as no one else sells PFABs products. With that said if you called us about the issue you're having I'm sure we were more than happy to speak to you about the issue and do our best to help you out within our means. We've never had another one of PFABs tank leak at the cap so there's really nothing that we would suggest for a fix other than calling PFAB direct. Since we don't manufacturer this item that would be the easiest way for you to get a problem resolved. Now I know PFAB isn't easily reached so if you called us and let us know that you never got a response from him as the owner of Lethal I'm sure I would have heard about this.

From the images you posted it also looks like you polished your tank. I'm not sure if that has something to do with the issue your having or not but I do know that aluminum is very soft. If any of the threads where the cap installs were damaged in any way during the polishing procedure that definitely could cause an issue with how the cap seals. As I said I've never seen one of these tank leak like that however I've also never seen any of them polished which I why I'm throwing this out there.

What should you do?

As I mentioned since we don't make or service the tank you have we're not in a position to fix it for you. We also don't have any other tanks in stock for us to ship as a replacement and have no eta on when we're expected to receive more. If we did we would have offered you that option. My suggestion at this point would be for us to arrange the tank to go directly back to PFAB. He'll inspect the tank and let us know what the issue is. If it's indeed an issue with how the tank was built we'll be more than happy to have PFAB fix it, replace it or offer you a refund. If it's determined that the leak is due to damage to the threads from when it was polished PFAB will do what he can to fix it however a replacement or refund will not be offered.

Whatever it may be we'll do our best to help you out.

Thanks, Jared

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread