What would you do ?

TheFuture

Established Member
Help What would you do ?
I'm about to buy a Cobra from a dealer @ 34,000 minus a $3000 rebate = $31,000. but the dealer also said if I'm interested in a Mach1 then @ $29,000 he would give he would give me a $8000 rebate making it 21K for a MAch 1.

What would you do ? Can someone explain to me how cool the Shaker hood is ? Does the Hood move when starting the car ?

Last edited:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Cobra's sweet....Power Band is every RPM range depending on the gear selection. 6spd is nice, Seats are sweet but the main down fall of it is the MPG & IRS. U cant really race on the street since the wheel hop will dictate if u win or loss...even when u know u got a faster car on a roll.

Mach1.................Cant say the same thing about the power band but im sure it will be a bit faster then my 01Cobra. Interior is its own & i love the thought of having a solid rear axel...oh which the Cobra's owners are switching over too. Shaker is BAD ASS!.

If i had a ton of cash on my...id own both....but the reality of it is that i dont. Thus im trading in my Cobra for a Mach1 if all goes good tonight :D & cant say i will regret it at all.

22k or even 21k....how can u beat it? U will have the car paid off faster & theres been alot of folks taking 99 - 01 Cobra's into the low 12's with out being S/C.

Id say go with what ever fits into ur budget...u cant go wrong with both cars.

351c.i.d

Flame me will ya?
Established Member
21K for a Mach 1????? Holy shit you need to go ahead and do that. A lot of us that bought ours early on paid WAY over that, that is an awesome deal.
The cobra and mach are two completely different animals. To me the Mach has so much more personality and style than the cobra. Don't get me wrong, the cobra is a bad ass ride and looks great as well, but the Mach kind of speaks for it self.
As far as the shaker, yes it shakes on start up and at idle. Not much at idle but as the engine breaks in the shaker shakes a lot more. Plus when you stomp on the gas, the shaker JERKS to the right, lets you know you're getting on it!!! So many people have asked me if I added the shaker, its amazing how many people are unaware of the Mach.
Dave your trading the Mach? I take it the house payment situation is a factor? Don't worry man, you're gonna love the mach. Not as much power as the cobra, but it still holds its own.

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
I'd not have even considered a Cobra were it not for the IRS. I'm tired of getting my kidneys jammed into my liver on every bump in a solid axle car. A lot of people here think racing = drag racing. If that's you, you might be happier with the solid axle in the Mach 1. If you like the twisties, like I do, the Cobra is hard to beat.

You could always subtract the price of the Mach 1 from the price of the Cobra, and figure out what kind of mods you could do with the difference. That's always fun ;-)

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Steve....yup. I want to keep the house & one way is getting my payments lower ;-). Plus no way in heck will i regret getting a Mach1 :D.....i loved my 01 Cobra.

Cant go wrong with the MACH1 :rockon:

2k3mk1

Established Member
Personally I chose the MACH over the COBRA for the following
It is my everyday car so I was a little tenative about a blown car as a daily driver didnt really want the IRS and although the 6spd is nice 1-4 is the same ratios For the difference in cost (pd 29k) the mach is a great car. And yes the shaker moves when you start it and when you get on the gas. I dont know your plans for the car but I would buy a MACH again. Plus with what you save think of the MODS you could buy.

99GTCONV

Established Member
All I can say is if you don't want the Mach 1 for 21,000 let me know what dealer it is an I'll fly to that dealership and buy it and I am not joking. Let me know what the name of the dealership is if your'e not interested.

04MACHSIE

Established Member
Okay...I'm dying to know...which car did you get??? My brother has a new Cobra and I just got a Mach...both are ultra-cool and real head turners. Don't keep us in suspense any longer!

Users who are viewing this thread