What would you do?

Azsnake

Established Member
What would you do first. Buy gears first or get a tuner first? I was about to buy gears this evening when I thought maybe I'd buy a tuner first?

I know some of you will say get both haha. Christmas is right around the corner though, trying to be somewhat frugal.

Also any opinions on the SCT tuner? Gains? Waste of $?

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
How are you going to compensate for the change the gears will have on your speedometer? Hand held first then get the gears, modify tune after the gears are installed.

Azsnake

Established Member
How are you going to compensate for the change the gears will have on your speedometer? Hand held first then get the gears, modify tune after the gears are installed.

Thanks for your thoughts. I was planning on having Ford flash it or get a speedcal?

cotySRT-4

Established Member
Dont buy either 1 yet. First you need to figure out who is going to be tuning your car and which program they use. Most ppl in my area use SCT so thats the 1 I bought and its great. If I was going to buy another hand held thats who I would go with. Also when you buy gears buy from Ford motorsports because they whine the least. Just so you know it is a very costly process. You have the cost of the gears, the tuner, gear lube and install and since you have IRS I highly reccomend you let a shop do it. Labor is about $400. Not trying to make you rethink this I just want you to know before you buy these parts ahead of time. Also beore buying gears thing what your gonna do farther down the line. I have 4.30's which havnt even been in 2k miles yet and there coming out for 3.55 for the turbo. If you go blower I would do 4.10's depending on what style blower you go with.

Hope this helps...good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread