What would you do?

Adrenaline

Established Member
I have been looking at 2011 GT's since there are some "decent" deals right now (X-Plan + $500 Rebate + $750 Brochure Coupon + 0% Financing)... :rockon:

I am torn between a base model with the Brembo package and 3.73's or a premium model with standard brakes and 3.73's. There would not be any other options added to the premium, and either way the car would have a manual transmission.

Doing some rough numbers, the premium model with 3.73's would be ~$1360 more than the base with the added options.

The car would be a daily driver and I commute ~60 miles daily (mostly highway). I'm thinking that I would "use" the upgraded interior more often than I would "use" the upgraded brakes - however, is the upgraded interior worth the added cost and then missing out on the upgraded brakes? :shrug:

chrisheltra

Established Member
I love the 400a package with leather seats. Not sure I would really appreciate the brembo brake as much as the next guy. To me the standard brakes are more than enough for daily driving and lets face it yo spend 100% of your time in the car while driving it might as well enjoy it.

Svt-Rich

V
Established Member
I didnt know they did zero percent financing on mustangs, especially with the rebates.

Adrenaline

Established Member
I love the 400a package with leather seats. Not sure I would really appreciate the brembo brake as much as the next guy. To me the standard brakes are more than enough for daily driving and lets face it yo spend 100% of your time in the car while driving it might as well enjoy it.

That is what I am leaning towards... I have a feeling that I would wear out the "Summer" tires that come with the Brembo package pretty quickly too... Not having a spare would worry me as well - especially on a DD...

kevinp

Established Member
The base is OK if you have another car that is loaded up. I like the whole plain jane musclecar base interior because I have another car thats loaded, if the mustang was my only car it would be a premium.

The regular brakes seem fine to me, if I was road racing the thing it would be a different story but I havent had any 'oh shit' moments with the regular brakes and 200 more horespower..

H8SUGR

Still a Rookie...
Established Member
I would go with the Leather Interior. I basically got the same thing you are thinking of, Leather, 3.73s and Standard Brakes. I love the car, not to mention your sound system lacks (I believe) if you go with the standard interior. You end up losing 2-3 speakers from what I was looking at when buying. I could be wrong however.

Last edited:

Big A

Established Member
As much as I like my brembo's, if I had to choose I'd do the premium without them vs. a base w/ them. I love the premium interior w/ the shaker 500. Plus, the brakes squeel like a b*tch on the brembos.

kevinp

Established Member
I would go with the Leather Interior. I basically got the same thing you are thinking of, Leather, 3.73s and Standard Brakes. I love the car, not to mention your sound system lacks (I believe) if you go with the standard interior. You end up losing 2-3 speakers from what I was looking at when buying. I could be wrong however.

I wouldnt make the decision on the stereo, my 2010 GT500 had the more speakers with the nav head unit and it didnt sound that much better than the base radio - they both kinda suck to be honest. But at least you get bluetooth and sat radio with the premium, plus a couple door mounted subwoofers.

To me the Brembo package is the wheels/tires along with the brakes.

H8SUGR

Still a Rookie...
Established Member
Also I think on the Brembo package you get different LCAs and some other different components than the normal brake package. Again I could be wrong since I am pulling this out all of memory.

01silverstang

Established Member
Also I think on the Brembo package you get different LCAs and some other different components than the normal brake package. Again I could be wrong since I am pulling this out all of memory.

You get recalibrated traction control and upgraded suspension pieces too...

ViciousJay

Established Member
If i could have done it all over agian i would have done

Stnadard radio
non colored gauges
no leather
3.73 gear

i would have really stripped this car down

try03venom

Established Member
I have the base 5.0 with 1 option and thats 3.55 gear. I'm spending my money on mods instead of getting a loaded car. I had lots of old school 60's and 70's muscle cars with crank windows and AM radio so to me the base car is loaded

kevinp

Established Member
I have the base 5.0 with 1 option and thats 3.55 gear. I'm spending my money on mods instead of getting a loaded car. I had lots of old school 60's and 70's muscle cars with crank windows and AM radio so to me the base car is loaded

Me too, after owning a zero option '68 roadrunner (no radio at all, manual steering/brakes) a base 2011 GT is like a Rolls Royce inside lol. Thats why I kind of like the base, it looks musclecar-ish but its still petty nice and has all the options I need. Hell my old '63 Impala SS didnt even have seat belts :)

+1 on paying for the mods, that extra 3500 for the base was over half way to the blower, as much as I like leather, bluetooth and HID headlights I like the extra power way more..

But if it was my only car I would still have to get a premium..

Svt-Rich

V
Established Member
As much as I like my brembo's, if I had to choose I'd do the premium without them vs. a base w/ them. I love the premium interior w/ the shaker 500. Plus, the brakes squeel like a b*tch on the brembos.[/QUOTE]

How many miles are on your car? My brakes have never squeeked.

Mika

Established Member
Definitely opt for the premium interior if you're driving quite a bit. As far as Brembo's go, I would suggest them if you track the car. The stockers are supposed to stop just as well, they are just more prone to fade(after several hard, hard stops). Overkill on a daily.

Mika

Users who are viewing this thread