What would you guys think?

REPOEDsDIME

w00000t w00t!
Established Member
Well I have a 4cyl Notch as a daily driver. I'm tired of it just looking like any other Mustang on the road. Especially since it's slow lol. I have a set of Pony wheels on it and that's it. I'm planning on making Saturday a "work on the car day". Of course the pos tranny is shot so I just picked up a new one and plan on replacing it Saturday. Since I plan on playing with the car all day I want to do a few other things as well.

Plans are:

-Pull the tires off and powder coat the pony's black since they are all stained up

-Cut a few coils off the front and rear to give a slightly raked look

-while I'm at it, do a much needed alignment

-possible throw some used wider tires out back

-Tint all the windows

-Mount the front plate because I keep getting pulled over :idea:

-Clean it up real nice, wax, etc.

-And of course replace the tranny :thumbsup:

My question is, do you think it would be retarded to make my 4cyl daily look slightly "tough" with the stance, tires, and blacked out wheels and tires? I've always been one to say that it's kind of ass backwards to make a car look faster than it is. And for reference, I do plan on gutting this thing and restoring it when the funds come into play to find another V8 stang to drive daily. All, and every opinion is welcome. I don't care about negative comments. I'm curious about you 2 cents :beer:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I'd say yes it would be retarded, especially the cutting of the springs. I am soooo against that.

But hey man, it's your car. Do as you please.

REPOEDsDIME

w00000t w00t!
Established Member
The ONLY reason why I would even possibly think of cutting the stock coils is beacuse this car will eventually be gutted and built for a drag toy, so of course damn near all of the suspension will be tossed in the gutter. And no I don't plan on getting crazy with the coil cutting. Just get rid of the 4x4 look and have the front a wee bit lower.

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
I think you should defintaly go for it, nothing wrong with making a car look aggressive. But just dont everything so half asses its obvious that you did it in your garage

SVT8U

Established Member
i think yer a flamer. lol

theres nothin wrong with shining up a turd, as long as you realize its still a turd. When you start thinking your polished up turd is badass, then you become a ricer.

SVT8U

Established Member
Ben 98 said:
^ an old notch is hardly a turd

speaking in metaphors. Sarcasm is lost on most folks.

Dave if ya need and extra set of hands to drink your beer and tell you how smoothly the work is goin let me know. Id be gald to help. :beer:

rtusnake

Established Member
Here is my 93 4banger. Have no intentions of making if faster since I bought it for gas. I have painted it, done the wheels, gt seats and cut the springs on it as well. I like my cars to look nice and if I want to drive something faster thats what the 03 is for. So I say go for it but i'm alittle biased :pepper:
P1150006.jpg

rtusnake

Established Member
I have not meet one person who doesn't think its not a v8. I even put the lx dual exhaust on it lol. It gets 30 mpg though.

Users who are viewing this thread