What you think supra vs 03?

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
A 630 whp supra single precision 76mm w aem ems etc.etc. vs a bolt on cobra w the nitrous? I've never raced a supra as we have none around here till now. I figure I'll lose but any pointers on speed, I usually do well in 2nd at 40/45 mph. Supra has m/t 315/17 dr. I'm running right now 275 mt. I said only to top of 4th. or a dig or both. Someone w exp. step up. I'm prob 550 whp 600 tq. just a d/d. If a dig I'll put on the 17" et streets. Now I hung even w a 550/600 whp evo on a 40/45 roll. I could mention this supra is dark emerald green bought somewhere outside of iowa.

Last edited:

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
hrmm, I think he'll win...and you wanted to do a roll? Roll races are what supras dream of...do a dig or go home. It's your best bet

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
doesn't sound good for you... but who knows what can happen. he may fly over the curb and smash into a palm tree.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Yea he had that 900 whp evo, now has the supra for a more friendly 93 oct. car. It's really the only new car in town besides some newer base 05+ vettes and a new s/s 6 speed camaro. I thought maybe someone here might know the supra and what it can do. Somebody put some $ in it. It's got most all the bolt ons w the turbo and aem. Stock engine I think. There will be no $. If lucky a video.

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
Go from a dig for you race then a roll if he wants. Good luck, and hope he spins!! But hey dont worry...we cant win them all. A supra around here caught me slipping on street tires after that loss i vowed to always have drs.

Last edited:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
A update on the supra. We did one roll race from 40 mph, I honked 3 times as agreed on the same road as I raced that 07 zx10. It was pretty much neck and neck 2nd, 3rd, 4th, at the end he got me by 1/2 to 3/4 fender at top of 4th gear. Going over that hill at 130+ truthfully scares me cause it necks down to 2 lanes so I let off just before the light. So imo cobra did ok, it could of went either way, I let off, haven't sprayed it in 2 months. We had torrential rain the other day, washed the street off so traction was good for both of us... It was 49 deg about optimum for the cobra. Bottle pressure 900#, I couldn't heat it up anymore than that, too cold out.

Cobra, spray, 93 oct gas, 18 deg timing, 275 m/t dr radials, 2.9 pulley, exhaust, a upr air filter.

97 Supra, pt 76, aem ecu, m/t drag radials and whatever else to make it work w some kind big azz exhaust and sparco seats. He says 630 whp at 93 oct boost.

Someone had a phone w video but it was crappy.
In case you are wondering the place it's here... We went from approx light to light. Over a 1/4 mi.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Q0QX-pUHg"]YouTube - 03 cobra vs zx10[/ame]

Last edited:

StangJason

Established Member
Yeah you would have won from a dig...Supra's run 12s from a dig but from a roll it's as if the are unbeatable....so the Cobra ftw in a real man's race and the Supra for the roll win in the girly race.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Somebody did video tape it fairly good, here it is...Supra far side, cobra closest to camera
[ame=http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g49/Tbtalon94/?action=view&current=SupraVSCobra.flv]SupraVSCobra.flv video by Tbtalon94 - Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I run big jets... on a superflow dyno my 03 cobra put down 448 whp sae on the s/c at 12# and burnt the dr off on spray so no number. Supra was at 21# boost and he brake boosted it. Friend of mine w a new toy.

2k3gt

Established Member
What do you mean about it having an aem? Isn't that just a brand name?

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
.067n .039f are the jet sizes. But the zex nozzle may be restricting them, I've got a new nozzle to put on.

Aem is a complete replacement ecu for some cars. They make them for some mustangs, evo's and supras. They have various racing features built in and can fire coil packs/injectors directly. Its a plug and play deal w their tuning software. For turbo's it has a built in 2 step. It uses a map sensor. I could mention the supra guy can street tune aem ecu's, what he had on his 900 whp evo. So he has the software and laptop.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
.067n .039f are the jet sizes. But the zex nozzle may be restricting them, I've got a new nozzle to put on.

Aem is a complete replacement ecu for some cars. They make them for some mustangs, evo's and supras. They have various racing features built in and can fire coil packs/injectors directly. Its a plug and play deal w their tuning software. For turbo's it has a built in 2 step. It uses a map sensor. I could mention the supra guy can street tune aem ecu's, what he had on his 900 whp evo. So he has the software and laptop.

Yup, except AEM is the company that produces it. AEM calls it, "EMS". AEM produces other products besides standalones, (ignition modules/coils, gauges, wideband o2s, cam gears, etc).

Quin

Established Member
What do you mean about it having an aem? Isn't that just a brand name?

In the import world, standalones are usually just referred to by brand. AEM, Haltech, MoTec, etc etc

Supra ECUs aren't re-writable, so they have to be augmented with piggy-back electronics that basically lie to the ECU to get desired results or completely replaced.

Last edited:

Digital

Established Member
doesn't sound good for you... but who knows what can happen. he may fly over the curb and smash into a palm tree.

I almost spit my ice-cream. That happened to the guy in a camaro i was racing one time, sept he missed the trees and hit a house.

exdeath

Established Member
As long as "bolt on" includes "twin screw", drivers race.

Didn't see the numbers at first. He's got ~100 WHP on you and 100-200 lbs less. You're toast, even if you get the jump from a dig unless he spins or something.

And wow nvm I'm like years late here ... and just goes to show bench racing numbers doesn't always tell the whole story. Expected much worse for you, not every day a Heaton Terminator hangs with a 600+ WHP Supra.

*needs more caffeine at 10am*

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread