Whatdya think of my new truck?

ROADFOOLSRIDE

Local Pavement Ripper
Established Member
Well...won't happen yet. It's on my boss' lot and I thought I'd better go drive it...just so I know what they're like. It's my first time in a lightning. It moved pretty good. Had it sliding around some corners..but I can definatly see where this truck needs some work to make it fit my needs/wants.

Needs to be lowered a bit. The beds about the height of the roof on my car!

ROADFOOLSRIDE

Local Pavement Ripper
Established Member
Def. It's a one owner with 39K on it. I'd like to have an '02 to fit right in between my other SVT's. We'll see in another year or so. I've got the bug though!

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
If you think the back end is high on your 2000, you should have seen my 03 ....looked like a 4x4. The first mod was to lower it and will be lowered more soon. Always love red.....I miss my Rio Red 94 Cobra alot. Get some chrome 00 wheels, nothing beats red and chrome

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
venomous said:
Get some chrome 00 wheels, nothing beats red and chrome

yessir! and it could look like this!

P8090004.jpg

ROADFOOLSRIDE

Local Pavement Ripper
Established Member
ezernut9mm said:
what's he asking for it?

They're at $18K on it I believe. It books at over 20 in our area..but I'm sure since it's getting late in the season...;-)

I would have loved to have the SVTF in the pic...but it was at the dealer. Ruined my chance of a 3some.

svtsilverback

Established Member
man that is some low miles. i thought mine was low at 37k and it is a 00. if you get a good deal on it buying a 99-00 is worth it. just make sure it has had the intercooler recall. besides that you can buy mods with the money you saved. not a diff in 3.55 vs 3.73 i made the switch not worth the money. most of us switch to a sct 90mm maf so u are just replaceing the 80mm maf. tune is always a first mod and there is a diff in the 00/01. the best diff in the models is the 01+ grilles and wheels. i love my 00 and with the gears/ford 90mm maf it is just as fast as the newer ones. plus the 99/00 tail lights are 10x better.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
svtsilverback said:
man that is some low miles. i thought mine was low at 37k and it is a 00. if you get a good deal on it buying a 99-00 is worth it. just make sure it has had the intercooler recall. besides that you can buy mods with the money you saved. not a diff in 3.55 vs 3.73 i made the switch not worth the money. most of us switch to a sct 90mm maf so u are just replaceing the 80mm maf. tune is always a first mod and there is a diff in the 00/01. the best diff in the models is the 01+ grilles and wheels. i love my 00 and with the gears/ford 90mm maf it is just as fast as the newer ones. plus the 99/00 tail lights are 10x better.

it is subtle, but the 99 taillights are the best. the reverse is in the middle as opposed to on top. and it might be the old school in me, but the 99/00 wheels are the best-more dish and they have the killer five spoke look of the seventies. :coolman:

svtsilverback

Established Member
see i want to change my 00 to a newer style wheel for a couple of reasons. biggest reason is because i will be buying brembos in the future. need 01-02 or 03-04 wheels to clear the brakes. 2nd i will either go blk powder coat 01-02s or chrome 03-04s. can not make my mind up on styles yet.

Users who are viewing this thread