What's a catback get me?

JeffCooper

Established Member
I have a 99 Lightning with a couple of bolt-ons (see below). Would a catback gain me any more than a louder exhaust not and more noise. I've cleaned up the intake side, I'm making more boost, a good tune...I plan to add an eFan and water pump.. I think any more w I uld mean a build. At 32k miles I don't want to do that. So catback?

8.3 in the 8th, and I figure 430hp or so??

supercharged91m

Local 46
Established Member
Yous usally gain about 15 to 20hp with the bassani and the magnaflow ones .Its gonna make it louder but no a crazy amount at idle well worth the $$ in my opnion.

Dusten

Established Member
8.3 in the 1/8th is not 430rwhp. I made less than 390 and ran 8.34. I also gained no power with my silverbullet catback. Truck made 352 bone stock, made 352 with exhaust. When I made 424hp I ran 7.80s in the 1/8th

MagnaFlow

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
When we dyno'd an '02 Lightning, we got a 25 HP and 30 lb.-ft. gain after adding the MagnaFlow exhaust.

15714.jpg

Generally, we expect power gains to add about 10 percent of the stock HP.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Lightnings dont gain power from catbacks, this has been well documented and proven over and over again. I gained nothing from my silver bullet from JDM but it sure did sound a heck of a lot better than stock. :rockon:

203Cree

Established Member
When we dyno'd an '02 Lightning, we got a 25 HP and 30 lb.-ft. gain after adding the MagnaFlow exhaust.

View attachment 45756

Generally, we expect power gains to add about 10 percent of the stock HP.

Along with a tune to go with it maybe. The stock catback is more than adequate, as the restriction is up stream, and you know this. Well maybe YOU don't, but I'm sure your company does.

Dusten

Established Member
Along with a tune to go with it maybe. The stock catback is more than adequate, as the restriction is up stream, and you know this. Well maybe YOU don't, but I'm sure your company does.
Rob, haven't seen you around in forever

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I'd have to agree with power gains from a catback, not much to be had. But the magnaflow does have great sound. I had a mac on mine until it started to rust out, then put the magnaflow on. Much better.

Users who are viewing this thread