What's a good Convention Oil

bzubke1

Established Member
My car burns enough oil that I have to put about 2 quarts in between 5k oil changes and with the price of mobil 1 I just can't see spending so much on oil just to burn it off. I'm thinking of using valvoline or castrol gtx but would like to hear what some of yall are using and what you think of it. I realize this may have been covered several times but the search function would not let me search "convention oil" or "oil" so this is why i'm asking.

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
Depends on if it wouldnt just be cheaper to find out why it's burning so much oil and fix it as opposed to buying cheaper oil cause it costs less to burn away....

69mach03

Established Member
To answer your question... I use Castrol GTX in my car. Have always used Castrol and had no problems at all. I do not agree with changing back and forth from conventional to sythentic oils -- definately not good for piston rings. If someone were to decide on Synethic oil, after 1000 miles on the factory oil, that's when Synethic use should begin... on a virgin engine with new rings.

:burn:**Flame Suit** because I know you guys are particular about your lube. :smmon:

Users who are viewing this thread