What's best looking wing for '01 vert?

OzLightning

Established Member
I'm thinking about adding a wing to the boot of my convertible. I want something that's going to look right with the convertible ie. I love the Cobra R wing but I can't see one on a vert. So far the Saleen looks o.k. , but I think there might be something better out there.

Anyone got any ideas/Pics?

Oz

2stangBK

Established Member
I like the Saleen wings alot. Would like to put one on mine , but its a hardtop not a vert like yours. Go for it.

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
No, I don't have the Saleen wing. I also moved my wing back two inches. However, if I were to buy a wing, it would be a Saleen wing. Another option would be to spend the cash on some more go-fast goodies :burnout: (e.g., x-pipe and catback), but I guess that really wasn't the question.

MineralGSVT

Established Member
I'll have to go with the Saleen wing..

Here's mine..

todd061502.jpg

trents99

99cbra was my hero
Established Member
Not trying to hijack your thread here but would the '03 spoiler cover the mounting holes on a '99? Anybody know.....

TXFLYME1

Pay No Attention
Established Member
Hey Mineral!

Did that wing install into the factory drill holes? How does it mount? And if you don't mind, what was total cost including painting on that wing?

I think it looks damn fine!

MineralGSVT

Established Member
Re: Hey Mineral!

Originally posted by TXFLYME1
Did that wing install into the factory drill holes? How does it mount? And if you don't mind, what was total cost including painting on that wing?

I think it looks damn fine!

I assume you have an '01 from your sig.? If you buy the '01 Saleen wing, it will bolt right in to the existing holes.

My wing is a '99 model.. It is slightly different and does not cover the '01 holes. It would bolt right up to a '99 decklid. Anyway.. the '01 IMHO looks better.. the "fingers" where they mount are longer and are out by the edge of the decklid. The '01 wing "fingers" are shorter and closer to the centerline of the decklid.. ... Personal preference..

As for cost.. I think around $190? from www.haneymotorsport.com and the painting cost me $150 for the wing, the decklid, filled holes, and painting a Saleen speedster cover..
It helps to have friends!

Good Luck!

TXFLYME1

Pay No Attention
Established Member
Thanks Mineral!

I appreciate the direction. I'm looking for goodies to put on the car. My wife and I love to drive it, but I am itching to do something to it. (Looks wise at least!) Why are some wives so opposed to the goodies? I may never know.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

MineralGSVT

Established Member
We're getting way off topic.. oh well..

Your car looks great, TX. I like the Laser Red/Parchment combo.. but man, you are going to have to lower that thing!:lol:

TXFLYME1

Pay No Attention
Established Member
Originally posted by MineralGSVT
We're getting way off topic.. oh well..

Your car looks great, TX. I like the Laser Red/Parchment combo.. but man, you are going to have to lower that thing!:lol:

Oh, I'm sorry, you'll have to talk to my wife. Trust me, if it was that easy, yeah, most of us know how that goes.

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
My wife let me buy the car not so much because it was a cobra, but because it was a convertible. Basically, it WAS passable as a chicks car. However, the process of lowering it and making it louder than a group of Harley's in a tunnel makes it a little embarrassing for her to drive. I do feel so bad for her. Guess I won't have to deal with her shifting it at 2000 RPM any more. Damn....

Users who are viewing this thread