What's better than a set of HREs?

1QWK96GT

Thats what she said
Established Member
That's gonna look sweet. Just curious why the need for a aftermarket starter stock one wouldn't turn it over?

Brandon03Cobra

On a Boat..
Established Member
2 sets of HREs! I'm getting the set that's currently on the car powder coated gloss black/black and keeping the new set as is.. I've seen D2 do a set with gold centers and polished lips which I think looks killer too..

The girl in your avatar pic is better.:beer:

I recently seen a set of 20" HREs on a Raptor and they look awesome. I doubt I'll ever own a set but they are sweet.

ford-svt-raptor-gets-hre-prototype-wheels-photo-gallery_5.jpg

ford-svt-raptor-gets-hre-prototype-wheels-photo-gallery_10.jpg

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member
That's gonna look sweet. Just curious why the need for a aftermarket starter stock one wouldn't turn it over?

Thanks man! :beer: Too much work for the stock starter I'm guessing..

7CD6F4EB-CD6C-4175-A6FD-F1739BDC54F5-2799-000002E5D20ED660.gif

i'll take 2 sets of ccws all day, thanks!

CCW's are nice..

Exactly. Sell the blk wheels. :)

They're both 843R brushed/polished.. I P-dipped the centers on the current setup to get an idea.. Peeling it off this coming week, still debating on powder coating.. Not selling either set..

silver :burnout:

1 set for sure!

The girl in your avatar pic is better.:beer:

I recently seen a set of 20" HREs on a Raptor and they look awesome. I doubt I'll ever own a set but they are sweet.

ford-svt-raptor-gets-hre-prototype-wheels-photo-gallery_5.jpg

ford-svt-raptor-gets-hre-prototype-wheels-photo-gallery_10.jpg

Haha! Thanks man, that's my wife.. :beer:

That Raptor is tits! I've contemplated picking one up before but would be a waste only getting street use..

Brandon03Cobra

On a Boat..
Established Member
Haha! Thanks man, that's my wife.. :beer:

That Raptor is tits! I've contemplated picking one up before but would be a waste only getting street use..

Lucky man! Must be the F*!&!&G catalina wine mixer.

Yeah my Raptor will probably see less than most on the off road but it is a big head turner on the street. I got it mostly to pull a Carolina Skiff I have yet to purchase. It sounds good and smooth with the Magnaflow catback and the Airaid intake.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
They are very nice wheels, but WAY overpriced. Most people don't seem to know that its a few different factories making these wheels for all these forged wheel companies who just build up their brand name and sell wheels.

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member
Lucky man! Must be the F*!&!&G catalina wine mixer.

Yeah my Raptor will probably see less than most on the off road but it is a big head turner on the street. I got it mostly to pull a Carolina Skiff I have yet to purchase. It sounds good and smooth with the Magnaflow catback and the Airaid intake.

Raptors definitely have quite the presence on the road, even more so pulling boats n hoes! :lol1: :beer:

They are very nice wheels, but WAY overpriced. Most people don't seem to know that its a few different factories making these wheels for all these forged wheel companies who just build up their brand name and sell wheels.

I agree to a certain extent on the pricing.. Although some forged companies share mfg facilities (I don't know which ones do), they don't all have the same target market.. I'm sure the quality of the $3k set is just as good as that of the $6,8,10k set if made in the same facility BUT just like anything else I'm sure the wheel company will you give you 10 different variables on why one set costs 2 - 3X's more than the next.. Will one agree that those "variables" justify the vast increase? Most likely not! As the saying goes though,"you gotta pay to play.."

Users who are viewing this thread