What's Everyone Paying for HOA Fees?

99PunisherSVT

Established Member
What do you pay for HOA fees? I'm trying to get a good idea of the average. Mostly looking at coastal cities and towns between San Diego and San Franciso. I live in MA now and pay $300 a month for an 1,150sq ft. condo with a pool and tennis court that are open to residents. Fees include landscaping, trash removal, pool upkeep, exterior maintenance and snow removal. I live in a city with a population of about 40,500. Basically I'm looking for info on condos, townhouses or trailers. Where do you live, how much do you pay and what does it cover? I've posted up here before about moving out to Cali and I'm just doing a little more research. Most postings on the real estate websites don't tell you how much the fees are. Thanks for the help!

Maverick-4

Established Member
Buy a house bro, is a much better investment and if you get a fixed interest rate your payment will be locked in for the most part.

99PunisherSVT

Established Member
Believe me, I know. I just don't think I can afford a house over there. Well, in a decent neighborhood in a coastal city anyways.

Black Stang 97

Established Member
$195/ month for me. Covers water, trash pick up, pool maintenance, landscaping maintenance for common areas and any exterior maintenance of our townhouse. It is a detached townhouse with a small yard in the back.

Not in San Diego. I am located in Los Angeles (91342).

Stanger00

Established Member
I just bought a home and I was looking for townhouses and condos before I bought a house in the city I wanted. The HOA dues ranged from 200 to 400 a month. Most of the homes where I live do not have a HOA but where we bought we have an annual 300 HOA and that is paid in 2 payments within a year. It's not your typical nazi HOA either. The fees pay for pool, Park and community center upkeep.

Users who are viewing this thread