What's For Dinner Thread

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Pizza. I spent lots of time making my own dough but lately Safeway has had their own fresh dough in the deli so I have been using that. It's seriously good and it's really easy lol. I still make my own sauce though. I typically keep it simple with just pepperoni and some Jimmy Dean Hot sausage cooked with some fennel seed. It's bomb...

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Pizza. I spent lots of time making my own dough but lately Safeway has had their own fresh dough in the deli so I have been using that. It's seriously good and it's really easy lol. I still make my own sauce though. I typically keep it simple with just pepperoni and some Jimmy Dean Hot sausage cooked with some fennel seed. It's bomb...
Let's get that sauce recipe man

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
1/4 cup evoo
7 minced garlic cloves
1/4 tsp chili flake
1 28oz can San Marzano whole tomatoes in the sauce
1/2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
Salt to taste, doesn't take much

Add oil to a saucepan over medium/low heat. I use setting 4 on my induction top. Add garlic, toast it but don't burn it (basically where you can really smell it). Add the chili flake. Empty the can of tomatoes into another bowl and use your hands to work the tomatoes from whole to as small of pieces as you want. Add the can of tomatoes to the oil/garlic/chili flake and stir. Rinse the sauce from the inside of the can and add. Usually it's like 1/4-1/2 a can of water. Add the Italian seasoning. Bring to a simmer and let simmer for at least 15 minutes. Depending on the tomatoes sometimes I'll add a carrot to the mix to take the acidity down.

That's the basics, you'll add or subtract from there based on your taste.

bird_dog0347

Established Member
This is probably the best thing I've done in all my years on a grill. My wife will agree, so easy and good.
I'll take and post pics in a bit when done, but here's the recipe I follow (the one with mayo), THE most juicy/moist/bad ass turkey possible. The guy who is talking is one of the owners/pitmasters at Goldee's which won the #1 BBQ spot in TX in the Texas Monthly Magazine (huge deal down here),

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I'll take and post pics in a bit when done, but here's the recipe I follow (the one with mayo), THE most juicy/moist/bad ass turkey possible. The guy who is talking is one of the owners/pitmasters at Goldee's which won the #1 BBQ spot in TX in the Texas Monthly Magazine (huge deal down here),
Thanks, so much better than a whole bird for some reason.

bird_dog0347

Established Member
Smoked turkey is awesome, way better than smoked chicken.
IMG_1799.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread