What's going on in 2015?

Why Try

Established Member
Here is a good place to talk about Cruises, Shows, Races, and Meets that should go on our Calender. If you know you are doing something this year please share. Let's make this year a good one. Here is a few to start.

MACA Meet, April TBD

NMRA @ Maryland International Raceway, May 1-3

OC Cruisin', May 14-17

Ford Carlisle, June 5-7

007snake

mechanical music
Established Member
Good thread. I looked online for some of our past events and I don't see any new 2015 dates posted yet. Would be nice to establish a bi-weekly MACA meet again. Maybe if you add this to your post and we update as the info comes in.

NMRA Ford Nationals & SVT Shootout - May 1-3 (MACA hotel is Holiday Inn Express in La Plata)
2013 University of Maryland Spring Meet for Charity - TBD
Cruisin' Ocean City - May 14-17 (MACA hotel is Coastal Palms Inn and Suites)
Carlisle Ford Nationals - June 5-7
American Muscle Show at Maple Grove Raceway - TBD
Ocean City Endless Summer - October 8-11
Catoctin Run - TBD (late October)

Standing events:
MACA Car Meet TBD

MACA Cruise to Red Eyes Dock Bar
MACA Dyno Day and BBQ @ Keith's Pit Stop

Last edited:

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
I think we listed too many meets last year and were competing with ourselves for attendance. I suggest we shorten the list to just favorites and get the numbers up.

I'm really looking forward to both OC shows and NMRA which has something for everyone.

Get these dates on your calendars early.

007snake

mechanical music
Established Member
I think that makes sense Ben. I removed a bunch of ones that didn't seem to be well attended by our group in the past. Feel free to pick others to remove or add back. I think there are car show members and track members, we need a good mix of track and car shows. We could keep the calendar with all of the events on there- for informational purposes- and just select a few as MACA events.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
I agree with Ben, have a handful (5-10) big meaningful events. Something that people can remember easily and plan on attending. We can always start up a random meet thread. If people want to meet up for a cruise or something on a smaller scale. My car will be road worthy by the end of March hopefully so I'll be attending!!!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Back in the day we would try and schedule one big event per month and with the winter being a limiting factor, we usually ended up with 10. Worked out great and would generally get 15+ at most of these "major" events. But always had some smaller events that could also be well attended.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Ben didn't you find some new events that were pretty cool last year? They were late in the year but, pretty nice events. It's not bad to post all of them up. Everyone can't make everything but, if there is something going on many times throughout the year at least there should be something for someone to attend at about any given time. Goal for this year is for the car to spend more time on the road and less in the garage. Yeah..I know..I've said that before..

03 deadpool

Established Member
Just made my reservations for OC. would it be wrong to tell a couple of LS guys who have never been there to stay at the coastal palms inn and suites ?

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
After mine he sure will......I've been trying to get in since December...and the weather just hasn't worked with me so, looks like first week in March. Mine won't take long....

Okay...maybe more like 2nd week in March. First week looks good temp wise but, still alot of stuff on the roads. So 2nd week in March it is. Damn I can't wait to wake her up and get it going!

Last edited:

onefastcar

Established Member
In may there is a airport in va that is doing a 1/2 Mile shootout all car welcome I will find the link and post it up if anybody is up for that

paluka21

Established Member
August 23rd: Mason Dixon Dragway, Mid-Maryland Ford Meet.

Damascus Rally in the Alley- Last weekend of May ( I believe ) This was a great turnout last year and definitely one of the better car shows I've been to. Lots of places around to grab dinner afterwards or breakfast before.

Users who are viewing this thread