What's going on with M4700C?

SonicBlueNick

Established Member
As the title states.

I'm getting pretty bummed out. I finally ordered the complete FTBR package and planned on rebuilding the diff while I had everything out. I can't find anyone that still has the carbon disc rebuild kit (M4700C).

There's one listing on ebay with an absurd 40 day shipping time. Makes me feel like they don't actually have the parts.

Maybe it's time to upgrade the lsd itself.

Albatross

Established Member
Upgrade!! Eaton True-Trac. I just put one in about a year ago along with a 3.73 gear and I love it.

SonicBlueNick

Established Member
Did you do the install yourself? I've never rebuilt a diff, but I feel like I could if I took my time and did lots of research?

(I'm the OP, I accidentally made a second account without realizing it. Could never figure out how to delete it)

Albatross

Established Member
I did the install myself. Getting the gear pattern right can be time consuming with a lot of swearing involved. I have only done two rear ends. The one in my 96 Cobra and my 03 Cobra. It's not fun. If you do decide to go at it yourself, take your time. There are a lot of good resources on the internet to walk you through it. I suggest using the GT500 high torque pinion bearing. A solid pinion spacer opposed to the crush style spacer. And make sure the differential bearings are preloaded. You want the diff to fit in the case TIGHT!

srdigital

Established Member
i ordered a torsen t2-r in early january and there still is no word on lead time! i'm half tempted to do the ftbr stuff i've had since last year and pull it again once the torsen shows up

MG0h3

Established Member
If you aren’t going to do a few or more in your life, spending the money on the tools and time/stress learning prob isn’t worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

MG0h3

Established Member

SonicBlueNick

Established Member
FYI, for anyone reading this and also looking to do their diff. I got informed from Lethal that the Eaton True Trac is no longer in stock with no ETA. I luckily got one off of Summit but it doesn't seem like they're going to last much longer.

Users who are viewing this thread