Whats it worth? (built motor gt)

1stanglover

Ready to see tail lights?
Established Member
Sold my sn95 cobra and thinking about also selling my 1999 gt to final get a terminator. Never thought about selling it so wanted to see what you guys thought it was worth.

-82k miles on body 1.5k miles on fully built motor

-Has a fully built, forged, cammed and bored
Motor specs
motor:
> -typhoon intake manifold
> -stock oil pan
> -stock electrical
> -c and l intake plenum and throttle body
> -Comp Cam Valve springs
> Trick flow twisted wedge heads
> trick flow cams (stage 2)
> ford racing cylinder head change kit
> trick flow specialties hydraulic lash adjusters
> trick flow timing chains
> trick flow roller followers
> trick flow intake gaskets
> valve spring compressor
> King SI-Seres Rod Bearings
> Eagle heads and roads
> forged crank

Has long tube pypes exhaust catless mid pipe, flow master cat back

black staggered builit wheels new tires

Gears, upper and lower control arms etc

Trans: 4r70 auto

Made 315 rwhp all motor and its built for boost (15 pounds safely)

Motor was built and tuned by EXCESSIVE PERFORMANCE close to $10k for it.

Only problem: paint is a 7.5 to 8 out of 10.

WHATS IT WORTH???

bodge323

Established Member
I would keep the GT. The motor is built, auto, sounds like it just needs a blower and a paint job. You also know the vehicle so it should not give you any surprises that could come with buying a used vehicle. As for what it is worth, I dont know but im sure you would take a bath if you sold it considering you have $10k into the motor alone.

Last edited:

1stanglover

Established Member
If you seriously want good responses, you'll need good pictures of every part of the car.

Just looking for a ball park estimate. Feel I described in pretty good. Thinking about the blower and 15 pounds and seeing 500 plus rwhp but 03 04 craving is killing me.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Sold mine with similiar mods+supercharged for 10.5k and that took some patience.

I'd say 8-10k ballpark.

*edit* Re-read the ad, stock fuel system and needs paint...i'd say max of 8k then. You can get healthy built and blown cars for anything over that.

Last edited:

Never_Enough

Established Member
$5k if it needs paint without more info & pics. A good paint job is not cheap & don't expect to get any $ back on the motor build.

I'd actually be interested in buying it, but not for the $8k+ some are suggesting. I've paid a lot less for built Mustangs in excellent shape.

Last edited:

1stanglover

Established Member
it doesnt need a paint job, just a bit rough for sitting during build. My friend that details, and I will have him due a paint restoration to bring must of it back.

Thanks for all the replys

Never_Enough

Established Member
it doesnt need a paint job, just a bit rough for sitting during build. My friend that details, and I will have him due a paint restoration to bring must of it back.

Thanks for all the replys

We don't know that since we haven't seen quality photos of the car. ;)
We all also have a different idea of normal flaws & needing a paint job or significant work.

Driver500

Established Member
Unfortunately I agree with the others saying you have more in the motor than the car is worth.

If you had to sell it I'd find a stock motor out of a wrecked car to put in and sell or part out the built motor.

1stanglover

Established Member
well i was looking to get 8.5k for it, for less then that i have a vortech v1 sitting and waiting. I know you never get back what you have in. Ill try the market if i cant sell it withen a month ill just finish it off with the blower and keep it.
thanks

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
It would be better to keept it. Built for boost so throw a kb or perhaps a turbo. Swap in the t56 if you want a manual

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
i would def keep it and go with a KB/whipple and a hit of nitrous, finish the fuel system and maybe loose some weight off the car and its just as good as an 03-04.
or

turbo the snot out of it and watch terminators try to reel you in. the 2v's are nothing to joke about, a few have gone into the 700+rwhp range on 281 cubic inches. you have all the base work done, just finish it.

Users who are viewing this thread