whats it worth

schiccc

Established Member
im looking at a 1999 cobra balck on black 35k miles really clean all stock.have not driven it yet,but going to this weekend.what should i look out for on these year cobras and whats a fair price.thanks scott

CobraKalas

Established Member
I bought my 99 Cobra black on black in November of 05 with about 36,500 miles for $14,500. so assuming the car is in great condition, anywhere around that price is very reasonable. ask the owner if the intake and exhaust recalls had been completed.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
The miles are low which will boost it's price.

The biggest question is the location. It's also spring time, so sports cars pull the biggest premium during this time of year.

I would say anywhere between 12-15.5 depending on location, how well maintained the car is and what similiar cars are pulling in your area.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
i think 13K might be on the high end of the range...if you are buying it i would go for 12K and see what they say...

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
quick01snake said:
i think 13K might be on the high end of the range...if you are buying it i would go for 12K and see what they say...

I got 12,500 for my 99 with 53,000 on the clock. This was in Colorado during the winter which is hell on sports car values.

If he can swing 12K I'd drop money down on it ASAP unless it was a total piece.

I think 13-14K is fair given the mileage and if the condition warrants it.

TMoney

Established Member
I just bought a 99 yesterday, im in canada and the km's are 128,000, so thats around 80,000 miles. Car has all options and is also black on black, and i paid $14,500 canadian. Not sure what that translates to in american funds. But it sounds like a deal to me if you get it for 12 - 13 grand, just because of the low miles. always stored in the winter too, not a peice of rust on it.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
TMoney said:
I just bought a 99 yesterday, im in canada and the km's are 128,000, so thats around 80,000 miles. Car has all options and is also black on black, and i paid $14,500 canadian. Not sure what that translates to in american funds. But it sounds like a deal to me if you get it for 12 - 13 grand, just because of the low miles. always stored in the winter too, not a peice of rust on it.

14,500 CAD is approx 12,500 USD

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
man i thought i got such a good deal on mine...
bought her in august 2005 with 33k on the clock for 13500. She was bone stock and all service ever done was done at the original dealership because it was a midlife crisis car and the lady didnt like to shift so it sat in a garage under a blanket of dust LOL.

the funny part is that when i bought it, the lady that sold it to me gave me the keys, and a big hug and told me to be careful with her baby... and the car looks better now than ever!

Users who are viewing this thread