Whats it Worth??

95whiteknight

SVT POSTER
Established Member
Ok so i've been in the market off and on now just kinda looking to see if any cobras really strike my eye. so i have come across this one and im unsure exactly the best price to pay for it. so it has 67000 miles, and has maybe 10-15 pin head sized rock chips, the quarter scoops will need a repaint as well as passenger rocker to be a "nice" car in my opinion it is not a must though. No odd noises, rides smooth, seems to make decent power for the pulley that is on it. Rear diff. leaks and makes a slight whine, owner was up front about it and has all parts to rebuild rear that is included with the purchase. clean overall. Needs drivers seat bolster fixed or new seat covers as well as a new shift knob. With that fixed I would say it would be in the top 1-2% of 03's in terms of presentation. fixed paint and diff all problems would be solved. maybe needs 1500 (estimate thinking price not sure though) bucks spent on it.
so what do yall guys think? should i be scared of the mileage?

2003 Mustang cobra

Mulldune

Established Member
I wouldn't be too concerned with the miles, but Id be more concerned at the fact the dude had parts to fix the rear end but hasn't before putting it up for sale. Rough guess on what Id be willing to pay ( after the standard leak down and compression test) about 17 to 18

edit : why does it need a new shift knob?

Last edited:

95whiteknight

SVT POSTER
Established Member
Yeah that's the main thing I'm worried about. Still trying to decide so that wh I came to svt. Shift knob just alittle wore looking. Not nothing major at all

03cobraracer

Established Member
car doesn't look bad at all man leaky rear is common my car has 100k on it as well and my rear diff leaks. seats being worn as well is normal I just swapped out my light grey seats for 04 dark charcoal seats and it looks amazing. his price is a little high but im sure you can beat him down some on it since it needs some work. Also do leakdown/compression if you can as well to make sure motor is healthy.

95whiteknight

SVT POSTER
Established Member
Would you think 18k would be reasonable? It does have 67k on it so I thinks it think it a fair but I'm new to the terminator scene this will be my 1st one. Also can I go or ask him to have a compressing test done?

Users who are viewing this thread