Whats my Cobra worth?

Sticker Monster

Established Member
I have been tossing the idea around to sell my Cobra, due to the fact we are wanting to add a couple new machines to our shop. I have no idea what I should even list it at. It is no doubt show room condition with 9,000 miles on the ticker give or take. It still smells new. Modular Power House in Georgia did all the work on it. Any idea's? The car lays down 601/564 to the wheels. It runs like stock. It is also Mineral Grey, I know they only made a little over 300 in this color. Mods include-KB 2.6H, 60# Injectors, Mac stainless Exhaust and H-pipe-Spec Stage3+ Clutch and Steel flywheel. Billet Flow IRS Brace-
H&R Race Springs-MM Caster Cambers-JLT CAI-LFP Radiator and Supercharger Res. LFP Heat Exchanger-18 Inch AFS Cobra rims, sure i'm missing things, but you get the idea. I have reciepts for everything.
Car is absolutley flawless. Your help is appreciated.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Sounds like a killer, Cherry condition, KB, low miles, but the market kind of sucks, gas prices might have to do something with that though :bash:
I'll take a guess, between 26-30. I wouldn't take a penny less then 26.

Sticker Monster

Established Member
Sounds like a killer, Cherry condition, KB, low miles, but the market kind of sucks, gas prices might have to do something with that though :bash:
I'll take a guess, between 26-30. I wouldn't take a penny less then 26.

Ouch. Ya i wouldn't let it go for that. I was thinking at least $30,000.
I have easily put 11 to $12,000 in mods in it withen this last year.
Thanks for the guess...

FWT0310th

Established Member
Unfortunately, I think he's about right, although with those miles, the $30K range should be achievable with the right buyer. I've got about $20K in my car above the cost of the car and I don't think I'll ever see any of it back. Ask above $30K and see what happens.

Sticker Monster

Established Member
I will stick it at $32,000 and see how she does. It is mint. No joke. It has never seen any hard driving at all. I know I will never find another like it. But I need a little cash to offset some of our future biz plans. I have the Title in hand for a swift sale...
Thanks for the help guys.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Ya 30 with the right buyer is possible, but I have seen some guys trying to sell theres with no luck. Worst case scenario, you get to keep it.

03GT_to_03Cobra

Established Member
I think you will get 30 for it pretty easily, 9k miles and a new kenne bell. It is an awesome car, you should keep it and sell something else.....

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I will stick it at $32,000 and see how she does. It is mint. No joke. It has never seen any hard driving at all. I know I will never find another like it. But I need a little cash to offset some of our future biz plans. I have the Title in hand for a swift sale...
Thanks for the help guys.

Look I am not going to bust your chops too much ... but ... your car is worth about 50 cents ... at the moment ;-) that was a joke .. now the reality ...

you said you have 11 or 12K in mods... that will get you very little in value. you will NEVER get your money back nor should you expect to.

you have an 03 ... granted a low miles 03 but it it an 03 ...

It is 2008, gas prices are through the roof and demand for V8s is at an all time low.

KBB lists suggested retail value of 22,975 without your modds ... adding about 50% of your mod price you get roughly 28-29k in a good market.

In my opinion you should start at 30 and hope to get 27500 to 28000.

Good Luck on whatever you decide to do.

for reference I paid 32K for a 2500 mile mystic vert in 06. if you get 32 I should be able to get 35 for mine LOL

Last edited:

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
It seems like an excellent car, with well done mods -- but the real money appears to be with low-mile, totally stock, virgin Cobras. I'd say you could get 26-28 for it. 30 is pushing it.

slash

Established Member
Look I am not going to bust your chops too much ... but ... your car is worth about 50 cents ... at the moment ;-) that was a joke .. now the reality ...

you said you have 11 or 12K in mods... that will get you very little in value. you will NEVER get your money back nor should you expect to.

It is 2008, gas prices are through the roof and demand for V8s is at an all time low.

KBB lists suggested retail value of 22,975 without your modds ... adding about 50% of your mod price you get roughly 28-29k in a good market.

for reference I paid 32K for a 2500 mile mystic vert in 06. if you get 32 I should be able to get 35 for mine LOL

your car is worth all of 30k if not more and if you hold out, youll get it

gas prices do not affect this niche market.

i was curious as to your track times, 600 hp, are you rinning mid 10's? might help to attach a couple of time slips.

nice car, hold out for all the money. these cars with low miles built right are slowly dissapearing. good luck man!

Silverboost

Established Member
your car is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay. I think you would be better off demodding the car and selling the parts and the car seperately. You will make more of your money back this way and probably sell everything faster.

xenodragon

Established Member
I dont see it selling over $28k and thats pushing it.

Sell the STI instead...i gave that piece of shit back the 2nd day of owning it

rexisme

Established Member

no you shouldnt..... min gray>mystic... 30 will be easy to get for your car... just have to find the right buyer.

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
The problem selling these cars isnt the gas prices alone, its the overall state of the economy right now. People don't have alot of disposable income right now, and those that do are holding on to it.

03/04 Cobras are booking in the low-to-mid $20's now. A heavily modded car costs $30K. That leaves the average buyer to have to make up $5k-to-$8K difference in cash out of pocket, and that just isnt happening these days, unfortunately.

Thats why stock, virgin Cobras sell like hotcakes, cause you can ask book for it, and people can buy it.

That car is worth every penny of $30K. But it places itself out of reach to the average joe, like myself. Its tough, cause the last thing you want to do is eat the money you spent on the mods.

Remember, every couple months our cars become worth less and less, they haven't bottomed out on value just yet.

89blackvert

Established Member
your car is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay. I think you would be better off demodding the car and selling the parts and the car seperately. You will make more of your money back this way and probably sell everything faster.

+1 here.... You should be able to get around 23-25k for it stock. And easily half of what you have in aftermarket parts... that puts you at 30-32k in the end. More work but will net you about 4-5k more in your pocket and a faster sale.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
There's an ass for every seat bro. Don't worry about the nay sayers. There have been LOTS of cars that I thought the owners were asking WAY too much and got what they were asking.
If your not in a rush to sell, post it up for what you want and be patient. Post it at as many places as possible and make sure you keep up with peoples questions. Eventually the right buyer will see it and jump on it.

On the other hand, if you need to move it fast, $32k is not the right number. I'd say fast sale price for that car would be in the $28k range.

xenodragon

Established Member
I am sure the car will eventually sell for the price you are looking for....but its going to take a while for it to sell at that price, especially being towards the end of summer. If you can hold out until spring im sure you could get top dollar since most people will be done with winter time and wanting fast cars again.

Sticker Monster

Established Member
Definetly not in a hurry to sell it. The car is paid for. I would like to have a little cushion in the bank before I purchase the big equipment our biz needs.

Users who are viewing this thread