What's my L worth?

99bolt

Build# 1464
Established Member
Just wanting some opinions on what my L is worth and if I should sell.

I have a black 99 with 52,000 original miles. The paint isn't in top condition with several small knicks and the clearcoat is running pretty low. Bottom of the front bumper is scratched up a bit. I bought the truck in 2004 and have tried to take good care of it. I bought it stock and have added a lot of mods. Mods include 6# pulley, efan, 1/2 drop, sct tuned to 433rwhp, porter plenum & s/c, upgraded to 01-02 wheels, clear lights all around, xtang bed cover, bassani with HFC and other stuff.

I have a friend who really wants it and is offering me 13k for it, cash. Should I sell before the value of it drops. I could then get something newer, nicer and with better gas milage, but not as fun/fast. I drive 1.5-2.5hrs 5 days per week, usually in the work truck (2500hd) which seems to gets slightly better gas milage than the L. I would love to keep the L indefinitely but i know i'll eventually want something more new and that will probably mean selling it.

Also, what would you get after the L? It would have to be something with decent power, good looks, and decent gas milage.

Last edited:

Tavenner13

Sell me your L
Established Member
If you plan on selling it eventually and the guy has cash in hand then my advice would be to sell it. I was offered $16,500 for my truck ('04 Silverado) back in january and didn't take it because I wasn't sure if I wanted to sell. Now I've decided to sell and I'm having trouble even getting $15K for it since gas went up :nonono:

The only reason I wouldn't advise to sell is if the guy isn't going to take care of it. These trucks are limited pieces and we need to do everything we can to make sure they stay on the road/drag strip.

Lightning_Bolt

2002 Lightning
Established Member
$13k is a good price for it. But For that much money what can you get that is faster/better/funner/better mpg? Probably nothing. If you find something that meets all 4 of that criteria, then u should think about it.

99bolt

Build# 1464
Established Member
I am hoping that if I don't sell it now, I will be able to keep it later on. If I sell it I know I'll miss the hp/tq. And I won't be able to find a similar truck. So I would probably need to look in another car category... sports/luxury car or non-sports truck. And I would have to deal with having a car payment for a while since I won't find anything for 13k. The truck is still great and all but I don't know if I'll want something else later down the road.

The guy is my brother-in-law's brother. He says he'll take care of it and that the reason he wants mine is because of all the mods that I've done to it.

KBB gives my truck a value of around 12.5k but I'm thinking that the 3k'ish in mods should add something of value to it.

Users who are viewing this thread