Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
I have the regular starting mods..
-6LB pulley
-CAI
-Dyno Tune
-FTVB
-CatBack Exhaust
What would be the next step??....Without rebuilding the engine..Not ready just yet for that..lol...
Thanks in advance..Ken

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Here are some options:
-headers/mids (longtubes would be great)
-sbtb/plenum
-traction bars
-drag radials
-ported SC
-electric fan kit (my lfp one works great)
-AFCO heat exchanger with dual fans

there are a few that would keep you busy. I have purchased all the mods listed and have not been mad about any of the purchases. I just wish Nitto DR's hooked better. MT's are going on in a few days :)

Parkin Lot Pmpn

Established Member
if you wanna go cheap route do what i did...as we know installing a cat back no body notices any gians...now what i did was went on ebay and bout 2 mabnaflow high flow cats for 100.00 shipped part # 94106 and had the stock 4 cats cut out and these welded in for 45 bucks. After the intall i noticed significantly more power. especially after 3500 rpms felt it pull harder up top. and btw the sound is to die for....i feel like high flows is the funnest thing i have done to be honest in a while besides the #6er......if you wanna go a lil more expensive pay 500 for an o/r pipe and longtubes......porting the blower and plugging the silencer holes will make you smile everytime you go wot. just my opinion,.

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
Not sure what the shipping would be but when I sent mine to Steig I had it back in exactly a week. Shipped it out on a Monday and it was back on my door step the following Monday

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
In this order...

Long tube Traction bars
Ported eaton
Long tube header and high flow cats

Beyond that.. aftermarket blower and built motor.

Rich

Sinderblock

Established Member
I'm at about the same place you are (I've got the SBTB and the electric fan and I'd definitely recommend both) and am asking the same question on lightningrodder. Most people are recommending a MAfia extender or BAF2600.

I'm also considering going with a more efficient heat exchanger. Anyone that's put one on, did you notice much of a difference when you did?

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
ok..where to get log tube traction bars?????......other than JLP...or LFP....any other brands??....that way i can look for a supplier in Toronto..thanks for all your help guys....

bskin38

99L
Established Member
i was thinking the SBTB/Plenum.....i heard headers really dont help much...till i start doing internals???.....
i was checking out the *LFP Trueflow Performance Intake Kit*
Ford Lightning K&N Cold Air Induction Kits and Filters

well maybe the headers wont give you so much power right now but, the your truck would sound so MEAN, with a set of LT headers and highflow cats.
jus las week i had OBX LT's an magna flow high flow cats installed, and holy shit my truck is LOUD!!! it was worth every penny of it!!!

Here are some options:
-headers/mids (longtubes would be great)
-sbtb/plenum
-traction bars
-drag radials
-ported SC
-electric fan kit (my lfp one works great)
-AFCO heat exchanger with dual fans

there are a few that would keep you busy. I have purchased all the mods listed and have not been mad about any of the purchases. I just wish Nitto DR's hooked better. MT's are going on in a few days :)

im with matt here, this is a good list!

jwiles6186

I Hate Speed Bumps!
Established Member
I'd go this route
-Undo the boost bypass (useless mod/your tune should have bypassed it for you anyway)
-Bigger MAF or MAFia
-Headers/Mids
-Traction bars
-Slicks
-Retune

Sack the ported SC and just save your money for what you inevitably will want, the upgraded blower and built motor.

Last edited:

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
sorry to bring this thread back to life..but i went on a bit of a spending spree...bought..
-OBX long tube headers
-LFP Trueflow Performance Intake Kit (Plenum and SBTB)
-LFP Duece Upper Auxilary Idler Pulley Kit
-DynoJet Wideband Commander 2 (Digital A/F Gauge Kit)
-Steering column Gauge Pod
-SCT X3 tuner
Hopefully gonna get it installed next week..
I tried to get traction bars..but sold out in most places...also..i was told that the MAF is good till about 650-700HP on a 2004..that i dont need a new MAF..YET
Is that true???....should i be worried???

silveraider

Established Member
yea its still good but its when you go WOT and it starts Pegging out and not sending the computer the correct information.. then you will go lean and then my friend your next mod will be going built cause your rotating assembly will be in pieces.. trust me if you can afford all the2 grand worth of stuff you just bought.. spend a lil extra and get an upgraded MAF to protect your engine..

MJG

Established Member
yea its still good but its when you go WOT and it starts Pegging out and not sending the computer the correct information.. then you will go lean and then my friend your next mod will be going built cause your rotating assembly will be in pieces.. trust me if you can afford all the2 grand worth of stuff you just bought.. spend a lil extra and get an upgraded MAF to protect your engine..

+1
Pick up a MAFia at least, it's cheap insurance.

Users who are viewing this thread