What's next?

SB Lightning

Young Buck
Established Member
Alright as of now I have a SLP catback, k&n FIPK intake, and diablosport predator. What should I get next?

I can't get gears or a mid-pipe or anyother exhaust things for that matter. Give me some ideas! :banana:

04torchred

Established Member
Well I am not sure then, I was going to suggest headers. Maybe a nitrous system. My brother does have an MGW shifter on his Mach and it is really nice.

mustangmach04

Banned
intake spacer and intake 1/2 ram air spacer, maybe 85 mm maf. Upgrade batterys? You could start by maybe lowering it, intrax makes some good springs, rims( black dd fr500s) , tint, interior items, I love the MGW shifter, its amazing, the newest one too. You could start on the suspension as control arms, etc etc, just my two cents bro

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Go for the headers and open up that exhaust. You'll see a nice little gain in HP, TQ, and sound quality.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
XCELR8 said:
Wheels, tires, springs, CC plates, panhard bar, SFC, upperstrut tower brace

That's another good choice. I just had all new bushings, Tokico 5 way front struts and rear shocks installed along with HPM megabyte jr. upper and lower control arms to compliment my Steeda lowering springs and all I can say is WOW what a huge difference in ride quality and launching! She takes corners much better and the bumps and bounces are nearly gone.

SB Lightning

Young Buck
Established Member
Nice keep some more coming!

As for headers, I want to keep the car as legal as I can for now. I already have 35% tint, tinted tails, and I think the diablo is illegal for the car aswell. I already have the Eibach pro lowering kit, wheels/tire 245s in the front and 285s in the back (goodyear F1s).

I think I want one more thing for a go-fast mod, then I want to get its handling up to par. I don't think the Eibach's take the corners real well.

How much would it be for a nice little suspension to get me to handle good and launch good?

04torchred

Established Member
SB Lightning said:
Nice keep some more coming!

As for headers, I want to keep the car as legal as I can for now. I already have 35% tint, tinted tails, and I think the diablo is illegal for the car aswell. I already have the Eibach pro lowering kit, wheels/tire 245s in the front and 285s in the back (goodyear F1s).

I think I want one more thing for a go-fast mod, then I want to get its handling up to par. I don't think the Eibach's take the corners real well.

How much would it be for a nice little suspension to get me to handle good and launch good?

What do you mean for legal(Emissions or legal with the dealer) If you want to be legal with the dealership my brother has not had problems with his Mach 1 and the headers do make a big difference for performance.

I do agree with the other guys about the SFC, this is going to be something my brother does next along with an aluminum driveshaft.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
SFC - not sure what that abbrev. means.

I would suggest, PHP spacer, Aluminum DS, Lowering, CC plates, and a re-tune.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
SFC = subframe connectors ...i recommend Maximum Motorsports Full-length SFCs. They made a hell of a difference!

SB Lightning

Young Buck
Established Member
04torchred said:
What do you mean for legal(Emissions or legal with the dealer) If you want to be legal with the dealership my brother has not had problems with his Mach 1 and the headers do make a big difference for performance.

I do agree with the other guys about the SFC, this is going to be something my brother does next along with an aluminum driveshaft.
Emissions legal. California has the gayest laws about exhaust stuff.

I'll probably do PHP spacer next...who sells it for the cheapest? :rolling:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Subframes - Hello McFly....not sure why I didn't figure that one out.

Spacer - pauls, or used/ebay.

Boy do I know what you mean about the exhaust.

Are you looking for a taget HP or just messing with her?

04torchred

Established Member
SB Lightning said:
Emissions legal. California has the gayest laws about exhaust stuff.

I'll probably do PHP spacer next...who sells it for the cheapest? :rolling:

You may be okay with headers if you get a good set of cats. Hell you may be able to have a midpipe fabbed up with two sets(4 cats) of cats for when you have to go get tested for emissions and then just run two high flow cats for everyday driving?

SB Lightning

Young Buck
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
Subframes - Hello McFly....not sure why I didn't figure that one out.

Spacer - pauls, or used/ebay.

Boy do I know what you mean about the exhaust.

Are you looking for a taget HP or just messing with her?
Just messing with her...she's still gotta me my DD. I'm thinking on building her up later on.

04torchred said:
You may be okay with headers if you get a good set of cats. Hell you may be able to have a midpipe fabbed up with two sets(4 cats) of cats for when you have to go get tested for emissions and then just run two high flow cats for everyday driving?

Nah they still do a visual inspection on the mids. I'm not sure...I could probably do something with the exhaust but I think I might just leave it how it is for now. If I build her up it's all going to be nice :coolman:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
mid lengths should be ok. it is the emissions that truely count. I have yet to see a shop that does a "under carriage" visual.

TomballGuy05

Established Member
04torchred said:

Shops will do this...when I had my 98' GT I talked to a exhaust shop about it. At the time a had a Magnaflow catted x-pipe, and he said he could cut the cats out with a little section of pipe left on each side of it, then have a straight pipe cut the length of the gap and put flanges on both ends of the cats and then both ends of the straight pipe so you could just swap back and forth to cats and no cats whenever you want, you just unscrew the wing nuts. Hope I explained that good enough.

Last edited:

SB Lightning

Young Buck
Established Member
TomballGuy05 said:
Shops will do this...when I had my 98' GT I talked to a exhaust shop about it. At the time a had a Magnaflow catted x-pipe, and he said he could cut the cats out with a little section of pipe left on each side of it, then have a straight pipe cut the length of the gap and put flanges on both ends of the cats and then both ends of the straight pipe so you could just swap back and forth to cats and no cats whenever you want, you just unscrew the wing nuts. Hope I explained that good enough.
Yeah I've heard and seen people do that before. I don't really wanna risk the visual inspection, with my luck i'll be one out of 100 that they visually inspect :fart:

Users who are viewing this thread