Whats some of the better et's for a bolt on Mach

buckinwild

Established Member
Mainly curious if a Mach with my mod's plus built rear axle, 4.10's and slicks with a fairly high rpm launch could dip into the 7's in the 1/8 mi. or not.

SYMach1

IRS FTW!
Established Member
Its possible, I ran 12.47@111 and 7.97@87 in the 1/8tth. With gears,midpipe,catback,tune,jlt and et streets that is what I had

buckinwild

Established Member
Cool, thanks BlckSnake. I figured its about a mid 8 second car with just my current mod's plus DR's.

mustang john

Established Member
Not a Mach but i ran my buddys 99 Cobra vert a few times for him. Mods were 4.10 gears, solid axle, CAI, exhaust and tune on Welds and ET Streets. Ran a best of 12.75 @ 107 with a 1.68 sixty without powershifting, with some powershifting it would have run 12.5s or better.

2 cam sam

Established Member
I've run 8.40' s in Knoxville (1200 ft above sea level) in 90 degree heat. I have Jlt,off road x and drag radials.

buckinwild

Established Member
Awesome man, I feel like mine should be real close to that number if I didn't spin and have to pedal the throttle so much, our elevation isnt nearly that high here either might be a few hundred feet or so. I feel pretty confident now that the sevens can be had with just that small investment. Wow you gotta love these cars...:rolling:

Jester

-------------
Established Member
7's should not be a problem especially with a built rear and better gearing. With 4.10s you should be able to pull off some mid/high 1.6xx 60' times. Don't forget to ditch the front swaybar too...

SYMach1

IRS FTW!
Established Member
Yeah built rear with 4.10's I was cutting mid 1.6's, but on nittos I was doing mid 1.7's and trapped 112 but only ran 12.50's. Oh well now I have a D1 with a blown motor lol:shrug:

buckinwild

Established Member
Yeah I don't think I'll be supercharging this baby since its my DD, and I really don't take er' to the track often enough to justify the gear/axle/slicks mod but its awfully tempting especially knowing how good the results can be.

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
my roommat with full-bolt ons, suspension, weight reduction, built rear w/ 4.30s ran a 12.0 at i think 112 with 28" tall slicks. so they slowed him down some.

Venom_nitrous

Established Member
My new best, Ignore the sig was a 8.19 w/ 1.76 60ft. Add a K&N filter to the mod list too. Stock gears and a 5500 ft. da.

Last edited:

2 cam sam

Established Member
Hey stangfromhale whats the best you've run in that 01 and did you pick up anything with that ported intake?

NukeGuard

Established Member
So far my best is an 8.63 @ 82 (no nitrous), but that was with crappy track prep and Kuhmo street tires. I have not gone back to the track since I installed the intake, but I can honestly say that the car pulls better through the rpm range. I don't know what I picked up with the intake, but it definitely helped.

My last trip to the track

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=482776

You can hear it spinning, so I'm thinking (hoping) with traction as it sits right now it would run about or around 8.3's or so.

Last edited:

NukeGuard

Established Member
What track is it? T&T schedule? I'd like to try a different track just to see if I get different results. By the time I can get back to the track though the car will have LT's, pro-chamber, dyno tune, nitrous install completed, line lock, electric cutouts (more for show and sound) and custom grind cams and springs. After that it should run better anyway, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread