Whats stickier...MT ET streets or Nitto NT05R

Teej281

Established Member
Uhmm... I've had both tires and the ET streets sway like a b*tch. Even changing lanes they would sway. I was happy once they wore out because I had an excuse to by a better time. ET Streets would be absolutely horrible for his application.

If you want my opinion, I'd say go with the Nitto.. One better would be a Hoosier drag radial, or MT drag radial.

Please oh PLEASE show me the et street DOT slick in the size 295/45-17. That is a radial sized tire. The tires in question are the MT ET Street RADIAL(and yes the correct title of the tire is ET Street RADIAL) and the Nitto NT05R. Not just the et street. Op forgot to list radial, but if you have any common sense when looking at a tire size, the tire size listed is for a street radial tire. He didn't ask about a 26x11.5x17 ET Street.

Just for s's and g's...

Mickey Thompson 3745R - Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial II Tires - Summit Racing Equipment

Have a great day!

mach1033

Established Member
i just purchase this same type of tire 3744R hopefully they are good for dd try something different lol..i had nt555r awesome tire for dd and in the rain too :rockon:
i was going to buy nt05r but the thread on the M/T 3744R look way better...

This tire is great. As soon as I put them on I knew that they were just what the doctor ordered.

TurboJuice

Established Member
WOW

There is tons of confusion in this thread...

To the OP. I think you made a mistake in your original post which is causing some confusion. ET streets are a Bias-ply DOT slick. I am assuming you are trying to compare the MT ET street RADIAL to the NT05R.

The MT ET street which is a like a slick will definitely sway on the big end and is not meant for street use. Which is what some people have said.

No if you are looking for a drag radial for street use I would go with the MT ET street radials over the NT05R. They are MUCH better. I have had both and the MTs launch much better.

Both the MT ET street radials and NT05R will not last on the street with some racing. I have maybe 1500 miles on my NT05R with 2 street burnouts, and 8 track passes and they will be toast in another 5 passes with burnouts.

Those people saying the Nittos last the longest are thinking of the 555R drag radial. Which does last the longest, but it also hooks the least. I still think a lot of people dont know what the NT05R is, which leads to more confusion when people have the MT vs Nitto debate.

Hope that helps.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I had both sway bars removed and ran a full slick at 12psi in my 89GT that trapped close to 120 for 200+ passes and all I hear is "you won't be able to handle the Cobra on the top end with the ET Street Slick!" ?? I'm buying them anyway finding a used 28 spline half shaft is Very difficult I'm not running a stiff sidewall on a sticky dragstrip launchpad!

Last edited:

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
M/T radial all the way.

For those that say they won't sway, you're just not running them low enough. At about 12psi mine sway on the top end, but it's a 27.6 inch tire on a 16 inch wheel.

Fill em up to 20 or so and no sway problems, and they hook up well on the street with some heat.

Users who are viewing this thread