Whats the best bang for your buck mod for the 03/04 cobra?

dixonzed

This is gonna be good
Established Member
ive read the worst mod thread now i want a best mod thread lets hear it boys

i cant really say because i boughtmy car already modded

besides pullying

Last edited:

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
CAI, exhaust, MM sub frame connectors, and MGW shifter are by far the best mods I've done. Almost no draw backs at all. My vote goes to the CAI as best bang for the buck.

Pulley and good tires seem to be the best bang as far as 1/4 mile times go. But the tires can't really be driven on a daily driver in the rain with total confidence, and the pulley makes you get a chip, and once you go that far, your power is to the point where you can break things and your clutch will go. I'm at that point now, and things just keep needing to be upgraded, I'm on my third clutch, third belt, third set of spark plugs, the car still isn't running right, and I don't feel confident on a day to day basis that my car will be out of the shop to get me to work. They are definitely my best mods as far as making the car run faster though.

Basic bolt-on mods as far as I'm concerned. Basically all what I did in my mod-list. Cheap and best bang for the buck power.

code3smith

Established Member
I can honestly say that the full length subframe connectors were the best bang for the buck. I realize everyone will say power mods right off the bat. But I think the car is so much more solid with the subframes. Feels more like a proper sports car! $120 from maximum motorsports + install. Cant beat that!

DitchTehFish

Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
Catback! 20-25 RWHP and the sound is amazing. :rockon: Can't beat 25HP for $299 (Magnaflow CB).
Not sure if you remember me, but I switched back to the Maggies(glad I didn't sell them) from the Stingers. The Stingers were way to drony, and that burble on deceleration really began to get on my nerves, this is with the stock H. I completely forgot the difference between the Maggies and Stingers, it's like night and day. The maggies are MUCH more pleasant, while still sounding good. :thumbsup:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
DitchTehFish said:
Not sure if you remember me, but I switched back to the Maggies(glad I didn't sell them) from the Stingers. The Stingers were way to drony, and that burble on deceleration really began to get on my nerves, this is with the stock H. I completely forgot the difference between the Maggies and Stingers, it's like night and day. The maggies are MUCH more pleasant, while still sounding good. :thumbsup:
I remember you! :thumbsup:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
03gobluecobra said:
...snip... My vote goes to the CAI as best bang for the buck.

...snip....

Exactly right, for the $150 you spend, you get 20-25hp with no tuning or other mods needed.

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
The best bang for the buck will have to be Nitrous... Even on a stock car the gains for the $ investment are awesome... I know that is a bit out of the normal bolt ons but he asked about bang for the buck without quantifying what he wanted !!!

Users who are viewing this thread