What's the best mods to make a 13 mustang loud

05mustanggt27

Established Member
My buddy has a 07 gt mustang and his has kooks lt headers, catted x pipe, and slp loudmouths and. Ford racing hot rod cams and the car is super loud and sounds badass. What mods would make a 13 really loud and sound badass and I will can the 13 and I'd like to get a nice quad tip exhaust

helloWorld

Established Member
If you are wanting to make your '13 loud like your buddy's '07, get some long tube headers, catless midpipe, over-axle pipes without resonators, and then the quad-tip Borla atak mufflers. Then, install some QTP electric cutouts after your headers, before your mid-pipe, so that you can be even louder at the flick of a switch.

'03GTinFLA

Established Member
"loud" is measurable whereas "badass" is not. In my opinion the rasp associated with an Xpipe is not badass and neither are the SLP's that I've heard. So I don't know where to steer you for that but in volume Roush mufflers and an offroad midpipe of your choice, X vs H, is really loud. I would say universally that longtubes tend to make a car more badass sounding. There are so many combo's that your best bet may be to go to a local car, drag strip, etc. and listen to '13-14's with different exhaust setups.
+1 on the electric cutouts. I don't have LT's and my H with GT500 quad tips sounds perfect for daily driving and then when I want a racecar sound, I open the cutouts. It sounds a bit truckish putting around but wide open acceleration sounds so loud and amazing, in my opinion.
Good luck with whatever you choose.

Last edited:

Untchbl

Established Member
I have a 13' with stock manifolds and cats with a borla x, over axels and Atak mufflers. It's raspy, loud, and generally obnoxious. Still very livable inside while driving around however.

archerychamp3d

Established Member
I have kooks long tubes and off road X with stock over axle pipe and kooks mufflers. Everybody looks when i pull in or start up. Off road h pipe might would sound a little better.

Vert

Established Member
You'll never get it to sound like his since its a different motor. If you just want loud, OR pipe and flowmaster outlaws.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Longtubes, off road or catted x, and magnaflow competition gt500 catback (no muffler)

Last edited:

The Beast 2014

Established Member
I just had the BBK Headers and catted X pipe yesterday. Couple that with my Pypes axlebacks and it is super loud, like at 3000 rpms I can set off car alarms a block away. I like it loud like this but I am sure my neighbors don't.

clc44

Established Member
I have a '13 GT with long tubes, off road X and gt500 quads. It's plenty loud, but very quiet when cruising on the interstate. No drone!

Users who are viewing this thread