<<<< whats the best tire?? >>>>

9nineDrkSnake

Established Member
Looking to buy a new set-up for my 99 na cobra. Don't really take her down the track just street driving but want so good traction! Had the bfgs kdw2 before wasn't to much of a fan! Let me kno what u guys run and what's the widest I can put on a 18x9

KlugSS

Established Member
You are looking to go with a street tire and not a radial, use the toyo R888. This is the tire the UG TTG run.
If you want to go to a drag radial but don't want to give up life. Nto5s on the front and nto5r in the back.

Last edited:

coposrv

Established Member
I have nitto nt05s on my saleens and just put some on the weld rts. decent traction and it wont kill you if you get caught in the rain either. As far as radials its the best all around tire I have used.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I run Nitto 555s on my daily, would have gotten the NT05s, but they were on back order here. I have heard good thinks about the Vredestein Sessanta tire, the Vette crowd seems to really like them.

Last edited:

96 cobra

Established Member
The new dunlop star specs II coming out are going to be amazing, great wear too.

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member
Try out the Cooper RS3-S tires or the Mickey Thompson Street tires. They are pritty good on grip thus far for my GT. Not killer on price either. I love the Pilot SS on my Boss, but the price is killer.

9nineDrkSnake

Established Member
Thanks for the replies guys!! Keep them coming probably gunna hit up tire rack tomorrow! Think the toyos sound pretty good, was thinking about the nittos before I saw the toyos

Viking42

Established Member
I'm currently running Falken RT-615Ks on my Cobra. I really like them so far and they are on par with the Kumho XS and Nitto NT05 tires. For all out grip, it's hard to beat the Toyo R888.

Users who are viewing this thread