What's the difference?

tammy

Established Member
What is the difference in a 03 cobra and a 10th anniversary 03 cobra. All i can tell is it has the nicer upgraded interior like the door panels and seats what am i missing? We had a 03 cobra and had to sell now looking at buying a 10th anniversary and trying to figure out values. Can you guys help me out? This would be for my husband for christmas. I don't know if you guys remember me but i bought him the first car christmas of 02 and you guys help me with mods' for gifts. Anyways if you guys would help me again i'd be grateful. Thanks
Tammy

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
The 10th Anniversary Cobra was a limited edition 2004 car. I believe the total run was ~ 2000 each coupes and 'verts. The only difference was appearance mods and badging.

Different wheels, painted calipers, color inserts in the interior.

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Hey Tammy, yeah I remember you posting about Christmas presents for your husband. The differences are like MidLife said, all mostly appearance. The biggest difference is the rims. I believe the total production was 2003. The anniversary package would only make the price slightly higher than a regular '03 IMO. Good luck let us know what happens.

tammy

Established Member
Thanks for posting bone. I saw an ad here on the forum market for a black on just like we had and it's a 10th and i did''nt know the difference. It's been awhile since i was on the forum to actually buy. But we are ready. We have missed that car so much since we sold it. It would just be our toy. It's got low miles and looks to be a great asking price. Are the rims different in a good way? I remember the first time i tool the cobra to the hair salon i rashed the front right rim. I pulled back up at work (we work together) I just cried a bucket hoping my husband was'nt gonna kill me! He did'nt of course but i miss the car and so does he. We thought about waiting for the shelby but i am not crazy about that body style. Just can't get into it. I really loved our cobra and want one exactly like it. Do you happen to have any dealing with the member highpressure the seller of this one? Thanks Tammy

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
I stand corrected:

"To help celebrate its 10-year Anniversary, SVT offered a 10th Anniversary Special Edition package on the Cobra Coupe or Convertible. It featured unique 17x9-inch Dark Argent painted alloy wheels, red-painted brake calipers, special interior trim, red leather seating surfaces in the front and rear, and “SVT 10th Anniversary” badges on the floor mats and rear decklid. Available in Torch Red, Black Clearcoat or Silver Metallic, production was limited to a total of 2,003 units."

Source: www.svt.ford.com

BoneCrusher

Established Member
tammy said:
So your saying there are NO 03 10th anniversary cobras? The ad says 03. Thanks Tammy
Sorry for the confusion. They built 2003 10th anniversary cobra's. Like LargeOrange said the first SVT Cobra was built in 1993 so they made 2003 special edition cobras to commemerate the 10th anniversary of the SVT Cobra in the year 2003. Man that looks confusing when typing it. Hope that helps.

tammy

Established Member
Thanks i thought i was reading the ad wrong.LOL I'm so excited i hope the memeber gets back with me. Appreiciate all the help you guys are so awesome. I can't wait to get it and get my QMP exhaust back on it. I hear i have to go thru stainless works as QMP no longer sales the exhaust but that's one awesome sound!

BoneCrusher

Established Member
OK I just looked at the ad and if the car checks out that is a very good price. I've never had any dealings with that particular member. Without seeing the pics I'm not sure what kinda shape it's in. Just check all the regular stuff out, make sure it's a stock pulley, possibly check computer for evidence of a chip, etc. Is there any warranty left?

tammy

Established Member
Thanks i asked for pics but have'nt seen them yet. I sure hope it's stock as the ad states. I don't want all the goodies just the car. I could careless about the exhaust he has either but i can resale it. Thanks for the advise.

Tammy

Users who are viewing this thread