What's the etiquette for poker in Vegas?

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
I pussed out last time I went because I wasn't sure about joining a game in progress and how long I'd be expected to stay. Any other things I need to know?

Black 03 Mach

Roll Tide
Established Member
Typically you go to a area and they place you at a table. The dealer will ask you if you want to post or wait. This is how it is done in atlantic city, im sure its the same thing.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
The proper etiquette is to sit down at the table. You can buy the button or wait to come in.
Win or lose according to your budget. Tip the dealer when you have a winning hand.
Get up when you've had enough. If I'm winning I will typically tell the table that Im leaving at the next time around he table.
There is no obligation to stick around since you can fold every hand except the blinds.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Generally it is considered gauche to join a table and immediately announce you are a member of SVTP. Lesser mortals should be able to sense your power without one having to announce it. And if you do, they'll all just want to know if you have met any of the moderators, or RDJ, or the other heavy hitters. Then the game comes to a halt. Play it cool, the word will get out on it's own as the chips pile up in front of you.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Unless the people are paying you to play with their money everyone else can kiss your ass you can stand up naked and tell them to go fly kites if you want, is that the best option, not at all but this whole "etiquette" thing is over played and tell the superstitious bastards to pet their black cat you're going all in with 2 7 off suite just because you're from SVTP.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
In other words, I should go ahead and go blind all in with next month's mortgage right after sitting down?

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
In other words, I should go ahead and go blind all in with next month's mortgage right after sitting down?
ummm prolly not the best idea LOL

I am the kind of player that pisses a lot of people off when I play. I dont' play by the rules of logic or odds, I play my gut, people who know the odds and play by them hate people who play by their gut feelings lol

Last edited:

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
Wear a hood, dark glasses, and Beats headphones. Text and talk on the phone whenever and eat at the table.

Users who are viewing this thread