what's the gap?

83 5oh

Wait, Wait...Thats a Cat?
Established Member
i bought some tr6's for my lightning since it's time to change the plugs and i've read most of you guys run them and love them so i thought i'd give them a try. What do i gap them at? it's a completely stock lightning except for a weld in magnaflow muffler. I don't know what they are gapped at from the factory. let alone what i should gap these colder ones at. Let me know thanks guys....also what should i expect to have trouble while changing them....i've changed plugs before just not on a lightning.

04SB_SVT

Richard Cranium
Established Member
Look on the emissions label that is on the core support cover. I would go look at mine and see but, I don't feel like leaving my warm house.

Stewie 03

Established Member
I run mine at .035 with a 4lb. lower. I believe .036 should do the trick when stock.

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
stock gap is .042-.046

run em at .040 and you should be golden for a stock setup...

first time plug change sucks LOL...after that it will get easier and easier....a 7mm swivel socket (not a swivel and a 7mm) its combined into one and can be had from sears will make getting the one screw out from under the fuel pressure regulator easy. Put some Mad Pack coil screws on when you re assemble................

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread