whats the highest octane for bolt-on cobra

SuperMarioSVT

Kiss of Death
Established Member
So tell me guys, what is the highest octane I can run in my bolt-on 99 Cobra? I have full exhaust and its tuned for 93 and higher by Bob kurgan. My Buddy's tell me I can put 110 or 116 but I don't believe them. The most I have put is 100 octane, and the car loved it.

Z06KILLR

Established Member
Adding a higher octane fuel without having a tune specifically for it is a waste of money. No reason to run anything other than 93.

Grimster

Established Member
as long as you are tuned for it you can run high octane unleaded in your car no problem. If the really high stuff (116 for example) is leaded, then you won't want to run it because it will damage your O2 sensors.

In your car, the only reason to run higher than 93 octane would be to squeeze out some extra horsepower by running a higher timing tune. Not really worth it unless you are thinking of adding a nitrous kit or FI or something.

SuperMarioSVT

Kiss of Death
Established Member
Adding a higher octane fuel without having a tune specifically for it is a waste of money. No reason to run anything other than 93.

as long as you are tuned for it you can run high octane unleaded in your car no problem. If the really high stuff (116 for example) is leaded, then you won't want to run it because it will damage your O2 sensors.

In your car, the only reason to run higher than 93 octane would be to squeeze out some extra horsepower by running a higher timing tune. Not really worth it unless you are thinking of adding a nitrous kit or FI or something.

thats what i was trying to tell my friends lol. it liked 100 octane but anything more is obviously not gonna do anything. thanks for your responses guys.

:burnout:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
A good rule of thumb is to run with the fuel the car was tuned on.

While the higher octane might be preferable, sometimes they have a differet stoic value and can upset the A/F that the car was tuned for.

Users who are viewing this thread