Whats the highest rwhp for a ported eaton???

Kimcobra

Established Member
I know I read this on here before but did a search and couldn't find it:shrug: What are some of the RWHP #s with the ported eatons,Please list mods and #s..and whats the highest hp# you have heard of..Thank you..

MikeW

Established Member
550RWHP is about as high as I have heard of W/o spray. Good Question :beer:

Kimcobra

Established Member
Hey 97 topless snake,I knew I should have just asked you or Whocares..I guess you know why i am asking.We both know someone that just got him a 03 with a ported blower,he is already looking for more power.I told him I thought if he added a 2# lower,LTs,42# injectors,Mafia maf,and a better CAI he could get close to 550rwhp..Not really sure so I posted on here..Thanks for the reply..:read:

MikeW

Established Member
Sa-When said:
Hey 97 topless snake,I knew I should have just asked you or Whocares..I guess you know why i am asking.We both know someone that just got him a 03 with a ported blower,he is already looking for more power.I told him I thought if he added a 2# lower,LTs,42# injectors,Mafia maf,and a better CAI he could get close to 550rwhp..Not really sure so I posted on here..Thanks for the reply..:read:

He'd need 60lb injectors but the 2lb lower should work nice with the 2.80 upper:thumbsup: I have my 2lb in a box waiting to put it on. Timmy should love the extra RWTQ the 2lb will give him. :rockon:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Sa-When said:

I was gonna say he'll need at least 50 lb inj to get where he wants- 60's would be perfect though- give him some room to grow for when he moves from a port to a KB or whipple:rockon:

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
600/600. Check out the search. Its been talked about a few times. JDM did it. Pretty much every mod known.
JDM 12" cold Air
JMS SCT Custome tune by Chris Johnson
Accufab throttle body
Fluidyne Heat exchanger
JDM Boost Bypass
Cobra R water pump
JDM/KOOKs LT 1 5/8" headers
JDM/KOOKs Catted H pipe with magnapacks
Magnaflow Catback
Crower stage 2 Cams
Apten Ported Eaton
55# injectors
Stock pumps
Metco 10 rib 100mm idlers
Metco 10 rib 3.0 upper
Metco 10 rib 8lb Lower
Metco belt tensioner
JDM modified Mass Air
NGK TR6 spark plugs
QA1 drag shocks and coilovers
Maximum motorsports a arms
Driveshaft shop level 5's

Last edited:

Machinator

Banned
viperbluelx said:
Who cares? Wouldn't the better question be who has the best ET/MPH with a ported Eaton?

This is exactly my point in my latest thread, I am seeing a trend in 03/04 Cobra owners of haveing high Hp cars and not being able to drive them. So they get in races and lose them on video when they should have won and it is making us look bad.

MikeW

Established Member
Track times can be debated as well. Corrected times? Track condition... DIRVER! all can make a huge difference. Sa-When is a heck of a driver and could drive my car to a faster time thatn i could myself i believe.

I think he is just wondering what some of the numbers are on the Ported eatons so he could judge for himself as to what time he or his brother could drive it to.

As we all know a dyno opperator can make the numbers higher if that is what you want to see.

GTstangfiveoh

Established Member
The combo of HP numbers and track times is the way to go. Good to have both to keep track of your progress.

Kimcobra

Established Member
Machinator said:
This is exactly my point in my latest thread, I am seeing a trend in 03/04 Cobra owners of haveing high Hp cars and not being able to drive them. So they get in races and lose them on video when they should have won and it is making us look bad.

Although I am not a pro I can handle the driving part..Post up some times with the ported cars as well..I was just wondering if 550rwhp & 550 rwtq was optainable??Personaly i think Stage IV port,ported TB,PL,kooks LTs,catted H-pipe,catback,55lb injectors,Mafia Maf,boost a bump,NGK 8s[or better]Plugs..and a good tune and you should be close to that..
Also,I agree with you ..I see alot of high hp cobras getting beat????I assure you mine is not one of them;-)

1Quick4.6

Established Member
I'm of the opinion you dont want to go too high with the eaton because of the heat, it gradualy melting down the pistons and destroy a motor that could hold 650- 700 with a kb or whipple on a DD

1Quick4.6

Established Member
I'm of the opinion you dont want to go too high with the eaton because of the heat, it gradualy melting down the pistons and destroy a motor that could hold 650- 700 with a kb or whipple on a DD

DEMONSNAKE

Established Member
511 On 91 2.76 Upper No Lower Just Put The 2lb Lower On Yesterday Waiting To Go To The Dyno With Race Gas,,oh And My Car Went
7.43 @ 98 That Was Before The Lower

Kimcobra

Established Member
sambandit said:
I had my car up to 538 with the ported eaton and stock block....

My brothers car is at 512rwhp with just a 2.80 upper,stage III port,x-pipe and catback,Boost a pump.I know what the KB and Whipple can do just wanting to know how high the ported eaton is good for.I understad that 17psi is the[safe] max ported or not..His plan is to add Long tubes and a 2lb lower with some 55lb injectors..hoping to get close to 540rwhp and 500rwtq..I may follow this plan..

Users who are viewing this thread