What's the next dining trend?

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Wife and I went out tonight to a taproom, good food, 64 beers on tap, happening place. We started naming off trends in dining, wine bars, whiskey bars, martini bars, oyster bars. What does everyone think will be the next trend? I'm thinking that the craft brew beers will stick around for a good long time, but the wife thinks that their days are numbered like all of the other trends.

nickf2005

Established Member
Wife and I went out tonight to a taproom, good food, 64 beers on tap, happening place. We started naming off trends in dining, wine bars, whiskey bars, martini bars, oyster bars. What does everyone think will be the next trend? I'm thinking that the craft brew beers will stick around for a good long time, but the wife thinks that their days are numbered like all of the other trends.

I think craft breweries will be around for a while. Indy is really beginning to boom with them. I'm sure some will come and go, but the popular ones will stick around.

http://www.visitindy.com/indianapolis-whats-on-tap-indy-breweries

They're opening a new taproom here in Indy downtown.

http://www.yardhouse.com/locations/coming-soon.aspx#indianapolis

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm down with that, but it would be a little awkward taking the wife there. She tends to be a prude about some things.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Rum bars. They are building them like hot cakes here in the D.C. area.

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
There is a strip club in Tulsa, OK that I pass by occasionally and their specialty is the "Legs and Eggs" Breakfast Buffet! Nothing gets her wetter than when you're watching her grind while you eat breakfast lol

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Anybody that thinks craft beers are a limited time thing hasn't been to Colorado

Rotzs99

Established Member
Anybody that thinks craft beers are a limited time thing hasn't been to Colorado

*Like*

It's fun seeing the industry evolve. People are opening breweries with places to sit and just drink beer. Every one of them has a food truck that they rotate on a nightly basis. The next trend or at least the trend that goes with the craft breweries is really good food from a truck/trailer. I don't see it going away anytime soon.

STXDriver98544

Bass Assassin
Established Member
Agreed, these craft breweries in Texas are taking off like crazy, and I'm enjoying the shit out of them. I'll waltz into HEB, find the style brew I'm in the mood for, and practically close my eyes and grab a label. I like to purposely go out of my way and pick something random, and if I like I'll go back again for more. I'm determined to make it to the beer festival this year, I said I was going this past year and didn't make it.

Speedwagon

Established Member
Wife and I went out tonight to a taproom, good food, 64 beers on tap, happening place. We started naming off trends in dining, wine bars, whiskey bars, martini bars, oyster bars. What does everyone think will be the next trend? I'm thinking that the craft brew beers will stick around for a good long

Hooker bars .... LMAO! :) Sorry.. I had to

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
If youre thinking on opening a craft brewery joint, you missed that boat by about 5 years. Right now there is an abundance of places like that to drink/eat. I cant drive into a shopping center without seeing some sort of craft brewer lounge/restaurant.

Ethnic foods in modern settings are the next trend. Thats already huge in my area. Korean, Thai, Sushi, etc. I havent been to a boring place like Chilis/Applebees/Outback since I lived in norcal. Way too many places to eat here that blows that crap away.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
If youre thinking on opening a craft brewery joint, you missed that boat by about 5 years. Right now there is an abundance of places like that to drink/eat. I cant drive into a shopping center without seeing some sort of craft brewer lounge/restaurant.

Ethnic foods in modern settings are the next trend. Thats already huge in my area. Korean, Thai, Sushi, etc. I havent been to a boring place like Chilis/Applebees/Outback since I lived in norcal. Way too many places to eat here that blows that crap away.

Blown 89

Established Member
Craft beers will be around for a while. It will be hard for people to go back to shitty beers.

The new trend here are hipsters opening up retro bars with games. There's a new one around the corner from my house that has a Genesis, NES, SNES, or Atari with games at every table. Other bars have cornhole, ping pong, jenga, etc. And they all have retro themes with a very limited menu often featuring only one type of food (pork only for instance).

Users who are viewing this thread