What's the official build date?

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
With all the dates and terms for them that are out there (buck, merge, blend, etc), which one is considered the official build date?

And is it the day it starts building or the day it finishes? And where is that date officially documented? Just curious, I've seen / heard lots of opinions on this, so I thought I'd ask here

Paul1138

Established Member
Look at your window sticker. At the top it should say blend. Above that are a bunch of numbers. For example, mine reads 120121031. That means its being built on 2012 oct 31st. According to the guys at SVT, it takes about 18-24 hours on the assembly line to build your car.
If you don't have your window sticker, get your VIN and search this forum for the window sticker website link and type it in. Window stickers become available exactly one week from build date. Hope that helps

Last edited:

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
Thanks, I did know about that date on the sticker, but my question is, is that the official build date? And is the blend date the day it starts rolling down the line?

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
The blend date is the date the chassis and body come together on the line. The build actually starts usually the day before, and finishes the day after the blend date.

If you ask your dealer for a vehicle visibility report, it will have a produced date on it. This is generally 1 or 2 days after the blend date.

Last edited:

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
Ok thanks, and Sorry if i am being dense here, but the blend date (the one at the top of the sticker) is generally considered the build date by everyone as they reference their build date, right?

And I'm going to see the dealer today about the visibility report. I hope I'm not too late as I just read last night that it may only be available for a few days after you get your car. Does the service writer print it?

Last edited:

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
Thanks Iceman, that's what I thought, but wanted to be sure. Lastly, do you know what system the vehicle visibility report comes from? Would the inventory mgr or the service mgr be best to ask?

rcbGT500

Established Member
There is a line on the VVR that states: In production - Produced. I think the Salesman or Sales Manager are the best sources, the Service Manager may not be familiar.

Users who are viewing this thread