What's the proper H&R Race spring orientation?

hmwave

Established Member
I searched but didn't find anything conclusive.

What is the proper rotational position for rear H&R Race Springs?

Looking down from the top of the car with 12pm on the clock being at the front of the car, where should the lower end of the spring coil (the pigtail) be positioned on the clock face?
I'd think it will be need to be a different position for the left and right springs.

I installed mine with both spring ends at the forwardmost position (both 12pm on the imaginary clock), however it now occurs to me that the spring end should probably have been positioned on the lowest part of the spring perch which would be approximately where the e-brake cable bracked is bolted through the perch. I called MM and after a slightly confused call I think they told me the lower spring end positioned at the e-brake bracked location is indeed correct (for both left and right).

Can anyone confirm the exact position for correct fitment?

Last edited:

Iron Fist

Established Member
Its been awhile since I installed them, I'm sure I would have set the spring at the lowest part. Hope this pic helps.
100_2494.jpg

antiv6

Established Member
the front theres only one way to put them in so you cant really mess that up and in the back just look how the stock ones are

hmwave

Established Member
the front theres only one way to put them in so you cant really mess that up and in the back just look how the stock ones are

I would but the stock ones came out years ago for Eibach's which I just replaced with the H&R's. I was advised to fit the Eibach's with the bottom end of the springs at the forwardmost position so did the H&R's the same way.

Doesn't someone have a definitive answer here?

hmwave

Established Member
Its been awhile since I installed them, I'm sure I would have set the spring at the lowest part. Hope this pic helps.
100_2494.jpg

Hard to see quite where the spring end is positioned in that photo though it appears to be nearly opposite the e-brake cable support bracket.

Mine have been on around a week now and the car is raked higher at the rear than the front. I think the additional half inch or so I'd like it to drop in the rear is because I have the spring ends rotated 'higher up' the spring perches.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread