whats the record for a upper only 03 cobra quarter mile time...

03cobrarocks

Established Member
captain4g63 said:
If you just want a time then you don't need much power, just a great short time. Put your money in the setup (solid rear, gears, suspension etc..) and weight reduction. I set up my car for fun street driving. I care more about the trap speed, power curve, and ride quality. I chose a much lighter car for a launch pad warrior.

yea... that is what I am trying to do... but why not have a fun street car with good suspension... some people complain that the ride is worse with a solid bo freaking who. you bought a mustang not a cadillac... besides its not much harshier you just feel the bumps a little more. I can see keeping the irs if you are into autocross but swaping to solid was just worth it to get rid of wheelhop imo. and I know some will argue you can get rid of wheel hop in irs but at what cost? more than it would cost you to build a bullet proof solid! and you will lose weight with a solid!

I duno I just dont understand people that just spend money only on horsepower... IMO a little horsepower, a lot of suspension, and weight reduction will whoop up on a lot of horsepower with stock suspension and stock weight! but thats just my opinion and I am not trying to flame on anyone with whipple kb etc. those are freaking sweet.... I am just wondering why some people dont do any suspension or weight reduction I mean its cheaper!

TKMotorsports

shoaf85 said:
I know a guy from NC that has ran 7.1's @ 98 in the 1/8 with a 2.8 upper intake and full exhaust setup only. Ran 11.20's in the 1/4 on 17's now he has welds so it should run a little quicker. To me it seemed hard to believe at first so I don't know what else is up with the car but it's fast. Also has IRS and with no weight reduction

Yea, I know the guy too. He's car is crazy fast for the mods. He's screenname on Carolinarides.com is Cobrastruck.:wf:

It's a full bolt on car with unported Eaton and just upper pulley. Full weight I believe. He ran a 11.06@126mph recently. So close to 10's....

03cobrarocks

Established Member
TKMotorsports said:
Yea, I know the guy too. He's car is crazy fast for the mods. He's screenname on Carolinarides.com is Cobrastruck.:wf:

It's a full bolt on car with unported Eaton and just upper pulley. Full weight I believe. He ran a 11.06@126mph recently. So close to 10's....

thats crazy! so is 11.06 the record for upper, intake, exhaust and tuned?

and if thats at full weight omg!

4.6modular

The Learning SVT Poster
Established Member
03cobrarocks said:
yea... that is what I am trying to do... but why not have a fun street car with good suspension... some people complain that the ride is worse with a solid bo freaking who. you bought a mustang not a cadillac... besides its not much harshier you just feel the bumps a little more. I can see keeping the irs if you are into autocross but swaping to solid was just worth it to get rid of wheelhop imo. and I know some will argue you can get rid of wheel hop in irs but at what cost? more than it would cost you to build a bullet proof solid! and you will lose weight with a solid!

A solid rear hops too. I've seen many solid rears hop just as bad as an IRS. The only thing you are technically gaining is weight loss and the simplicity of the solid rear for rebuilding and repair. Otherwise the solid hops just as bad and breaks just as easily.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Some guy posted vid of him running 10.9 @ 123 with an upper only and no port... It was about a week ago in the video section, DSG I think it was, coulda been MG, the car looked dirty either way...

I think low 11s is the norm, that is about what I figure mine will run.

Edit, here is the link, it is just below this one right now...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334441

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread