whats the record for a upper only 03 cobra quarter mile time...

03cobrarocks

Established Member
I am looking into getting a turbo kit in the not to to distant future but dont have the funds right now so... I wanna know what the upper pulley only (no port) with exhaust and intake record is for an 03/04 cobra? I wanna see if I can beat it :-D

I already have a built solid axle so I can launch it like a mofo on good tires! I also have a ram 900 clutch, subframe connectors etc etc.. only thing I dont have that i need is a 26 spline but I am confident that I will be ok for now...

so I have a solid axle and spare tire removed for less weight.

here are my next plans....

rear seat delete
front racing seats
k member and coilovers
battery relocation kit
slicks and skinnies
rear struts

what do you think is the fastest possible time with that setup? I know it would be cheaper and easier to just port the blower but I dont want to do that becuase in the end I will end up changing it. I want suspension and wieght reduction so I can beat other cars with more rwhp...

I want to be able to beat upper/lower pullied and ported cobras :thumbsup:

tell me what yall think?

Smokinlx

Established Member
03cobrarocks said:
I am looking into getting a turbo kit in the not to to distant future but dont have the funds right now so... I wanna know what the upper pulley only (no port) with exhaust and intake record is for an 03/04 cobra? I wanna see if I can beat it :-D

I already have a built solid axle so I can launch it like a mofo on good tires! I also have a ram 900 clutch, subframe connectors etc etc.. only thing I dont have that i need is a 26 spline but I am confident that I will be ok for now...

so I have a solid axle and spare tire removed for less weight.

here are my next plans....

rear seat delete
front racing seats
k member and coilovers
battery relocation kit
slicks and skinnies
rear struts

what do you think is the fastest possible time with that setup? I know it would be cheaper and easier to just port the blower but I dont want to do that becuase in the end I will end up changing it. I want suspension and wieght reduction so I can beat other cars with more rwhp...

I want to be able to beat upper/lower pullied and ported cobras :thumbsup:

tell me what yall think?

What do Your 60 ft's look like & MPH look like now? 26 spline? My fox came with 28 spline and I upgraded to 31 spline. How many splines is Your current setup?

03cobrarocks

Established Member
ok... my rearend is 31 spline, upper control arms, bbk lower control arms, eibach springs, 3.73s, t/a differeintal girdle, eaton differintal... all i need are some shocks or sturts for the rear and a battery relocation kit... yes I meant 26 sline in the transmission...

noone knows the what the fastest upper only cobra has run so far?

shoaf85

Established Member
I know a guy from NC that has ran 7.1's @ 98 in the 1/8 with a 2.8 upper intake and full exhaust setup only. Ran 11.20's in the 1/4 on 17's now he has welds so it should run a little quicker. To me it seemed hard to believe at first so I don't know what else is up with the car but it's fast. Also has IRS and with no weight reduction

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I think with say a 2.76 upper and an awsome tune with your set up, if you are a good driver 10's will be no prob. I'm trying to do a similar feat myself. I have a 6lb. lower, but only a Harley truck upper. Other mods are S&B big filter, accufab tb and inlet, Bassani catted X, and Flowmaster catback. Wt. red. no spare/jack, rear seat delete, Corbeau Forza IIs, removed insulation from under carpet, removed front swaybar and Weld Alumastar 2.0s. I've already run 11.18 and will be shooting for the 10's this weekend at SGMP. I also have on order a Dyna Batt, another 25lbs off the nose. Thinking about removing the front bumper, but will have to fabricate a HE mount. Good Luck.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
F8LSNAKE said:
I think with say a 2.76 upper and an awsome tune with your set up, if you are a good driver 10's will be no prob. I'm trying to do a similar feat myself. I have a 6lb. lower, but only a Harley truck upper. Other mods are S&B big filter, accufab tb and inlet, Bassani catted X, and Flowmaster catback. Wt. red. no spare/jack, rear seat delete, Corbeau Forza IIs, removed insulation from under carpet, removed front swaybar and Weld Alumastar 2.0s. I've already run 11.18 and will be shooting for the 10's this weekend at SGMP. I also have on order a Dyna Batt, another 25lbs off the nose. Thinking about removing the front bumper, but will have to fabricate a HE mount. Good Luck.

11.18 thats sweet! some full wieght stock suspension kb and whipple guys cant do that :kaboom:

I am so sick of this dyno queen shit! and I figure weight reduction and suspension is less costly in the end(not breaking as much as when you add rwhp)

anyway what rear seat delete kit did you get? and did you remove the rear seat belts? also how much did those seats run you?

and good luck to you to :rockon:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Weight reduction does make it alot easier on parts. I made the rear seat delete myself because I didn't like most of the ones I saw. I made it from .063 thick aluminum and ordered matching dark charcoal carpet to cover it in. This way it is also legal if you put a battery or nitrous bottle in the trunk. I did remove the rear seat belts as well. I got the seats from Automod Atlanta. They were $239 a piece with no brackets. I already had a set of brackets, but they do sell those as well. Thanks for the good luck wish. I'll need it on the stock irs. I really want to hit 10's before the ported blower goes on.
There was also a guy in one of the magazines that claimed to have the fastest stock pullied eaton. I think he was running like 11.40s or something close to that. It didn't say at what weight though.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Another note on the seats. I don't know what size guy you are, but thinner folks can get away with running the Corbeau Forzas. They are 2" narrower than the Forza IIs. Also a little lighter. I weigh 230 so I went the wider route. I can fit in the Forzas, but they are a little snug for my liking.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
thats cool! yea I dunno I am definaly getting rear seat and racing seats as my next mod... then battery relocation. I would be curious as to how much your car weights?....

I wonder how much a cobra would weight with half tank of gas, straight axle, rear seat delete w/seatbelts removed, racing seats, and coilovers and k member...

anyway If you can hit 10s on irs without a port that would be awesome dude! make sure you get some videos so noone can call b.s. on you... I am sure it is capable but you always are gonna have those doubters...

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
I'm at 10.9 1/4 @ 133mph at full lbs but I have a whipple.(610hp-609tq)
When I was on the Eaton setup I ran my best at 11.5 @ 124mph. The car is set up for road racing too and a stock (other then the IRS Brace) IRS. the 10's could be done if you have a real good 60'. I'm only at a (My Best)1.7xx 60' and a 6.88 1/8 mile. Porting the blower would get you some more mph's but you need to set up the suspension for the 60'!

Ronnie

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
On my 11.18 pass my car weighed 3655lbs. That was with the before mentioned weight reduction and a full tank. I plan on running about a 1/2 tank this weekend + have my lightweight bat. and airbag delete. With coilovers, k-member and straight axle I would imagine that would be at least another 150lbs. lighter than mine. Keep in mind 3655lbs. was w/driver(230lbs). Race brakes would also drop alot of weight. I just missed a deal on a set of aerospace on this site. Took to long to make up my mind.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
SmokenGRA03 said:
I'm at 10.9 1/4 @ 133mph at full lbs but I have a whipple.(610hp-609tq)
When I was on the Eaton setup I ran my best at 11.5 @ 124mph. The car is set up for road racing too and a stock (other then the IRS Brace) IRS. the 10's could be done if you have a real good 60'. I'm only at a (My Best)1.7xx 60' and a 6.88 1/8 mile. Porting the blower would get you some more mph's but you need to set up the suspension for the 60'!

Ronnie

thats sweet... no offense to you or any other twinscrew owners but that just seems wierd and wrong at the same time... I mean you have how much more rwhp than fl8 and he is not running much slower than you:shrug: I mean you got at least 100 rwhp on him...

I gues suspension and weight reduction is were its at in these cars! I just think its a lot cooler to say you have a 480rwhp cobra in the 11s than saying you have a 600rwhp in the 11s....

I am not hating on your car in any way just for the record.. becuase whipples are sweet!

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
03cobrarocks said:
thats sweet... no offense to you or any other twinscrew owners but that just seems wierd and wrong at the same time... I mean you have how much more rwhp than fl8 and he is not running much slower than you:shrug: I mean you got at least 100 rwhp on him...

I gues suspension and weight reduction is were its at in these cars! I just think its a lot cooler to say you have a 480rwhp cobra in the 11s than saying you have a 600rwhp in the 11s....

I am not hating on your car in any way just for the record.. becuase whipples are sweet!

F8lsnake weighs 3665 w/ driver, SmokenGRA03 is full weight......so he's closer to 3850-3900 w/ driver.

03cobraracer

Established Member
i went a best of 11.4@121 on a 2.93 upper and no port.. that was with a 1.6 short time and et streets in back with stock front wheels

mkkrs1

Established Member
I believe Lou from Laurel Mtn Mustang has the record for the fastest stock pulley, non port at 11.16 @ 125.08mph

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
I went as quick as 11.21@123 on an upper only, stock port, setup on 17" DR's, no weight reduction. Ported the car went 10.89@127, slapped on a twin screw and went 10.45@134, all of these are full weight combo's

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
03cobrarocks said:

If you just want a time then you don't need much power, just a great short time. Put your money in the setup (solid rear, gears, suspension etc..) and weight reduction. I set up my car for fun street driving. I care more about the trap speed, power curve, and ride quality. I chose a much lighter car for a launch pad warrior.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
broke7 said:
I went as quick as 11.21@123 on an upper only, stock port, setup on 17" DR's, no weight reduction. Ported the car went 10.89@127, slapped on a twin screw and went 10.45@134, all of these are full weight combo's

yea I have seen some of your videos freaking sweet dude :rockon:

but just think how much faster you could be with suspension and weight reduction...

I am sure you could be a high 9 sec car! I dunno maybe some of yall dont want to mess with suspension and racing seats and etc. etc. I am just stating my opinion...

good times non the less

03cobrarocks

Established Member
mkkrs1 said:
I believe Lou from Laurel Mtn Mustang has the record for the fastest stock pulley, non port at 11.16 @ 125.08mph

stock pulley? no way! no port or pulley and an 11.16... I dunno if im buying that...

Users who are viewing this thread