What's the value? Stock Mach motor w/ 2.1 KB

vertigyn

Established Member
Not sure if this is the right sub-forum or not - so please move isn't.

I'm contemplating doing a coyote 5.0 swap in my Mach. The shop that would be doing the work has done the swap before and would have all the electronics and accessories functioning as they should. As a result, all the 4.6 stuff would be coming out.

I'm not sure what all the swap would entail - but I believe the following would be for sale:

-Stock motor w/ Summit 10% over crank pulley, meziere water pump, ThumpRRR tensioner and 46k miles; Motor has stretched head bolts - so when you get on it for an extended period of time (i.e. 10 minutes into a track session or 5 minutes into an endurocross) it starts to get hot (i.e 240) and will continue to climb unless you take it easy and let it cool off; I always stop at 240 (temp is picked up at my crossover tube); Never gone into limp mode or made any strange noises

-2.1 KB 8psi intercooled kit with KB 90mm big oval TB - full kit as it would just stay on the motor as is; Kit went on the car at 15k miles;

-No shaker - I would need to keep that but can include the KB specific pieces

-K-member (stock w/ MM A arms - might swap over to new K member? not sure)

-ECU and engine harness (I believe these would come out as I would need the 5.0 pieces here)

What do you guys think my setup is worth? I'm trying to work the numbers to see what the net swap would cost me and if I can swing it without pissing the wife off too much ;-).

Set up still runs strong. Set up is not daily driven, only used for local cruises/get togethers and autoX events 8-10 times a year. I've owned the car since 6,000 miles back in 2007.

Here's a video from AutoX last weekend and the Dyno sheet from the tune.

http://youtu.be/u4pMCJ_ijP0?list=UUmrJayTVJoOtFbyBRkf873A
[video=youtube_share;u4pMCJ_ijP0]http://youtu.be/u4pMCJ_ijP0?list=UUmrJayTVJoOtFbyBRkf873A[/video]

Dyno:
GRAPHFORNewRun9createdon2008-10-311.jpg

ea031575.jpg

vertigyn

Established Member
Will do. I think the KB kit will be easy enough to sell - but would involve more labor to have it pulled off which I'm not sure I want to pay for.

Currently I'm working with my shop to work up a full quote on the swap. I know what I want my net out of pocket spend to be - so we will see once the numbers are more clear.

mnisijr

Established Member
I may be interested in the whole motor setup, so when you figure out what you need let me know. Plus if need be I can turn wrenchs also.

Users who are viewing this thread