What's the weirdest dream you have ever had?

blueoval4ever

голубой овал на всегда
Established Member
I had a dream the other night that has to be the one of the weirdest I've ever had. I was at the drag strip getting ready to run my car, and to stage you had to pull up on a bump about two inches high. everytime I got on the bump I would roll off and the 2nd light would go out. Finally I got staged and when the light turned green I took off, but I had to pedal my car like a bike. So I was pedalling and shifting and I finally got going pretty good, just as I'm about to cross the finish line I blow past this dude in the other lane and he's on roller blades! :pepper:

So I end up running a 21.4X at 128mph? I go back to the staging lane to run again and now there are huge speed bumps on the track about 20 yards out. The little box that shoots the beam across the track is now right in the middle so if I go I'm gonna run it over. Well some guy finally moves it over and I get staged again after rolling off the two inch staging bump several times..lol. This time when the green comes on I let off the brake and start reving to get a good launch this time ( for some reason I don't have to pedal this time?) meanwhile I roll off the bump while I'm reving, so I rev for like 11 seconds before I ever go, then I woke up.

Any dream experts in here that can tell me what this means?

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
hahaha i don't know why but that made me laugh. that's a pretty weird dream man. I have so many weird dreams it's just crazy. I like dreams though, gets you out of the normal scheme of life.

blueoval4ever

голубой овал на всегда
Established Member
SQ Stang said:
hahaha i don't know why but that made me laugh. that's a pretty weird dream man. I have so many weird dreams it's just crazy. I like dreams though, gets you out of the normal scheme of life.
I thought about it all day today, seems like everytime I race or something in my dreams my car won't go or I have to pedal it..lol :lol1:

WantLightning

Sleep Now in the Fire
Established Member
Mine are actually pretty terrifying. It was a month and a half after the bike wreck, so a lot of the feeling was still very near in my mind (still is). Let's see.. Here's the first.. The second I'll post later.

I was driving through downtown Pensacola in my foxbody project (which will never happen).. The idea was a massive turbo (T60-1 or above) hatchback that was fully race built and strictly track (obviously). It was just something I'd wanted to do because people told me it was a bad idea.. Anyways, in the dream (and I've never been IN a foxbody before) I was cruising down the strip of road right before the interstate, and a black 03 Cobra pulls up next to me at the light.

One rev back and forth, and before I know what's happening, both of us are dumping the clutch and making a break for the winding on-ramp of the interstate. We go up side by side, me with no traction and him sliding so close I can practically feel the static jumping between the vehicles (this road is in no way 2 deep). As we round the final bend and bleed out onto the interstate, both of us finally manage enough grip to actually push through. All of a sudden, he loses complete control and slams into my passenger side. He sends me into the cement wall (we're easily 5 stories up, maybe more) where I bounce off, do a 180, slam back into him, roll once, and come to a stop on tires. I hear grinding metal and glass everywhere, and when my eyes finally open, the Cobra is on it's side (sort of.. it's tires are folded inward and it's kind of leaning on the driver's side). There's a bloody arm hanging out the mangled opening where the window used to be.

I begin looking around my own car through a shattered windshield, the scent of gas and the taste of blood on my lips. My entire body is numb, but burning, the exact feeling I have in reality when I'm badly injured. The hood of my car is crushed down, and I look up, barely able to move my neck at the moment, and see a big-ass dent in the roof where I landed upside down and rolled back over. I begin moving my arms, and when I look down at one, there's a massive shard of glass sitting in it. I pull it out, can't really feel it, but I start bleeding everywhere. I try to move, but I'm PINNED into the car. In the distance I can hear sirens, and I remember leaning my head back and wondering where my cell phone is, wanting to call for help, but being unable to (in the bike wreck I actually was able to get to my phone and call for help, I guess that's the relavence).

When the cops got there, they had to PRY me out of the car. I didn't cry, I was pretty numb actually, but apparently the dash had come in on initial impact and smashed my knee. As soon as they started moving me, I felt a rush of pain and began to scream, though it was a garbled, scary noise. Sort of like an animal, not a human.

The last thing I remember is being strapped to a stretcher and looking down as they zipped up a body bag.

That dream scared me so badly that I didn't sleep for three days. :(

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
If I told you guys my dreams, you guys would laugh at me. They're from when I was younger but I still remember them as though I had them yesterday.

Last edited:

WantLightning

Sleep Now in the Fire
Established Member
PoohBear said:
If I told you guys my dreams, you guys would laugh at me. They're from when I was younger but I still remember them as though I had them yesterday.

Dude, I won't laugh. I had this dream for a month straight where all I did was sail around outer space in a hot air balloon and count stars. A MONTH. I was like.. 6!!! :mj:

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
When you're in deep sleep and dreaming, the part of your brain that controls rationality and reason is shut down. That's why dreams are wierd. They don't mean anything. There are people that actually use lucid dreaming equipment in order to do anything they want while they dream.

When your eyes start rolling back and forth (R.E.M.) a light flickers a bit, and a voice will say "You're dreaming, You are in a dream right now" (it repeats a few times). You realize you're dreaming, and you can literally do anything you want. There are other ways to do it, but I haven't researched it much.

JerseyGT

Jerseys Finest Ttop
Established Member
weird but awsome, I wrecked my 91 GT bout 1½ years ago. Since then I've found SVTP.com, ever since I've taken a big interest in the 03-04 cobra (thanks to you guys) I've always always have had atleast one dream a night someway involving a cobra. My 1st was and friend and I had pulled up to a local super wawa, he had his 89 Camaro thats been in the making for ever now and I had a true or sonic blue cobra. I was at one pumo he was to the right at the next one over. I ran over to him to give him some money and looked back at my car, my cobra and then I wake up. To this day i've dreamed about cobras and my old 91 thats almost done being built. Call me crazy but I'll say my dreams are based around these 2 cars. They're always in my dreams. So if anyone can make anything of my dreams let me know. Jeff

WantLightning

Sleep Now in the Fire
Established Member
xilix said:
When you're in deep sleep and dreaming, the part of your brain that controls rationality and reason is shut down. That's why dreams are wierd. They don't mean anything. There are people that actually use lucid dreaming equipment in order to do anything they want while they dream.

When your eyes start rolling back and forth (R.E.M.) a light flickers a bit, and a voice will say "You're dreaming, You are in a dream right now" (it repeats a few times). You realize you're dreaming, and you can literally do anything you want. There are other ways to do it, but I haven't researched it much.

Odd. I can read and count in my dreams, and I am also completely incapable of lucid dreaming. Once I realize I'm dreaming, shit starts happening in a sequence leading only to my death. I end up screaming wake up in my dream about 50 times.. I've woken up with claw marks on myself from where I was physically fighting myself to wake up. x.x I hate sleep, by the way. :fm:

JerseyGT

Jerseys Finest Ttop
Established Member
When I was younger I used to dream about crossing the delaware mem bridge from jersey and if your from around here you know how angled the bridge is. I used dream that I'd be goin up the bridge and it's got an big incline on it so I'd be goin real high then when I got to the top it was like a roller coaster down but before I went down I would wake up. I had one involving the bridge a couple months ago. I'm 22 and was like 7-8 when I drempt about it alot.

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
WantLightning said:
Odd. I can read and count in my dreams, and I am also completely incapable of lucid dreaming. Once I realize I'm dreaming, shit starts happening in a sequence leading only to my death. I end up screaming wake up in my dream about 50 times.. I've woken up with claw marks on myself from where I was physically fighting myself to wake up. x.x I hate sleep, by the way. :fm:

That sucks. When I go lucid, it's always awesome. When I wake up I feel like I've been on vacation. Unfortunately I don't have them often.

Last edited:

WantLightning

Sleep Now in the Fire
Established Member
xilix said:
That sucks. When I go lucid, it's always awesome. When I wake up I feel like I've been on vacation. Unfortunately I don't have them often.

I envy you. It's sort of like being in the Matrix or something. As soon as I realize I'm dreaming, every bad thing in my dream (the Agents, in this reference) just SLAM me. :cryying:

LogiWorld123

Established Member
i dreamt i was dreaming. you wanna talk about pinching yourself and being paranoid all day...

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
Let's see, most of my dreams involve my vehicles since yeah I really enjoy them. Before I had this GT, I had explorers both with sound systems in it...HUGE!! So yeah I had dreams almost every other night with them getting stolen and sometimes replaced with the weirdest subs ever. For example star subwoofers and all these other weird shapes. It actually sucked because I would wake up thinking they were gone and be pissed. Then of course I would realize later and be glad that it was a dream.

I've also had dreams where I got arrested for racing...then it happened. :bored: That sucked...always wished it stayed a dream. :nonono:

And Now i have to post the strangest/weirdest/scariest dream that I had. It was last year and it was a dream where I was in class here at my college. And I was just layed back in my seat when the guy in front of me grabs a brief case from under his desk and pulls a gun out of it. Well this guy turns around points a gun at my chest and fires 4 shots into my chest. I feel a burning sensation in my chest and I just fall to the floor and I can see my life flash before my eyes and I just felt my last breaths that I would take. I really can't explain it, but I swear that what I felt/dreamt then would be the exact way it will feel when I truly die.
Needless to say i did not sit behind that kid in class the next day :dw:

Any of you ever have those dreams where you die and you swear that's what it will feel like when you really die? It was just really weird.

Last edited:

WantLightning

Sleep Now in the Fire
Established Member
Post bike wreck, I can safely say that when I wake up and mutter, "I feel like I've been hit by a truck".. I wasn't too far off. It's sort of weird like that. I think it comes from writing so much. You have to have a certain empathy for your characters or you'll never be able to convey the scene the way it's meant to be..

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
Scoriox said:
i dreamt i was dreaming. you wanna talk about pinching yourself and being paranoid all day...

now that's weird never had one of those dreams....yet

LogiWorld123

Established Member
SQ Stang said:
now that's weird never had one of those dreams....yet

Its really crazy because you are having a hard time determining what is real and what is not.

WantLightning

Sleep Now in the Fire
Established Member
Scoriox said:
Its really crazy because you are having a hard time determining what is real and what is not.

I had something similar to that.. I dreamt I was asleep. Like, I watched myself sleep in my dream. It was the best, deepest sleep I've ever had. Only happened once or twice.. weird!

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
Scoriox said:

Have you ever woken up and not been able to move, but you are aware of your surroundings?

I had this happen once and my doctor said it's quite common. What happens is you awaken, but the part of your brain that controls muscle movement still thinks your body is in it's deepest sleep. Realxing your muscles. At least this is how it was explained to me.

I could look around, only within my field of vision, no head turning. I couldn't speak or move my body. It was really disturbing.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
Scoriox said:

I bet it's crazy, that just seems to boggle my mind right now on having a dream like that. Maybe it will happen tonight :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread